Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 dst odd garden test

kmyer74

So,my f75 ltd dst is alot quieter after upgrade but it has lost depth especially in all metal. Anyway,i went to my test garden this evening to check a couple things because yesterday i got a shallow iron signal and my brother came right behind me and dug a minie ball at that spot with at pro. Ok,in my test garden a minie ball at 9" the f75 in disc sens 98,bp,2f hit the minie ball pretty good with audio and numbers were jumpy but i wouldve definitely dug it. Next i go to another minie ball buried at 6" with same settings and it barely hit it with audio but it was a solid iron tone and numbers stayed in iron(solid 2). I re-dug the bullet to make sure a piece of iron hadnt got in there and it hadnt. Can anyone explain this? Ive had this detector for years and i knew it really well before the upgrade. I just cant figure out how it is seeing something deeper and both minie balls are laying flat in the holes. Crazy

How long had the minie balls been undisturbed in the ground? Could you hit it well before you got the DST upgrade?

I have a hard time reading some of my test garden coins that haven't been there all that long. Other than that and if the soil in the area in and around the 6" minie ball was free of all other metal pieces then it might be a difference in mineralization in that bit of soil.

Theyve both been buried for about 4 years. Soil is really good and they are buried only around 3 feet apart. Before the upgrade,It would hit the 6" bullet in all metal or disc and numbers were steady 50-55. It would hit the 9" bullet nicely in all metal and numbers were jumpy but definitely diggable numbers. In disc it would audio iron and numbers were iron also on the 9" bullet. Machine is definitely quieter but i wish i wouldve never got it upgraded. I have a tdi and i ran it over the bullet buried 6 inches to make sure no iron was in the whole and their isnt. My f75 ltd before the upgrade in all metal was an absolute relic beast. Just a head scratcher on how it gives solid iron signal on that bullet buried 6 inches. Sucks because i loved my f75

Reset your F75 & turn off the DST and see if it will hit on it, if turning off your DST and still does not help you might need to contact Fisher at First Texas, one of their techs will help you out.

Texas ED