Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 frequency shift

JHM

I'm doing some testing and found out the frequency shift on the F75 does have a difference on depth and target ID. In my ground ( back yard) F5 give a better ID on silver and better depth. F7 gives a better ID and depth on lead. These are on buried targets. The dime was 8 inches and the bullet was 12 inches. I suspect results will vary according to ground conditions. My area has a lot of different types of dirt. Just thought I would pass this along. It was a BIG difference vs F1. I'm thinking if you have mild ground the lower frequency would be better.

What does your ground balance at?
The areas I search usually give a GB # of 83 to 92 and F1 thru 3 are undoubtedly the quietest. There's a noticeable shift at F5 to more noise. In my ground the F&% couldn't find a Desoto at 12"

Wow never considered that aspect. I know i have on several occasions been saved from instability using the freq shift, never wondered it it affected depth though, cool, thanks CO

I know for EMI the frequency shift can make a huge difference in stability, but I personally have never seen any depth gain or loss by changing frequencies. Will, though, pay closer attention. HH jim tn

I wouldn't say it affected depth but it did make a 12 inch deep 58 cal ID a lot better. This is one I buried a week ago. Im thinking if it ID's better then it's getting a better signal. I plan to try it next time I'm in the field and come across a deep target.

The differences are very slight between the different frequencies.
I would suspect since you noticed better depth in the F5 frequency that the EMI was better under control at that setting.
In some places where EMI is very high you could loose 1/2 the depth capabilities of this machine.
Use the frequency shift when EMI is bad.