Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Jewelry Question

Glen in Maine

I have a Fisher f75 and would like to know the best setting for finding jewelry.... thanks Glen

I will start things off, not a setting but the little 6.5" elliptical is best by far for small and large jewelry, and the next best is the 5".

For settings I would run JE, sensitivity @ 85 if you can, disc pretty low like 4 or 6. I don't think a lot of tones will do you much good.

Now if you are talking beach hunting I wouldn't have a clue, never had the F75 to the beach.

Ron in WV

Probably more important is focusing up on jewelry signals, location, and really knowing your rig...its a bit different than old silver coin hunting, like totlots for instance, sure they are boring and unglamourous, still, if its jewelry you want, those are some primo places.:thumbup:..you can set your 75 up soft and get in under where other guys running too hot cant...its easy running totlots, you are close to the car, takes a few minutes, and on to the next...hunting dirt sportsfield/park jewelry is a bit tougher...fellow has to learn to dig those stupid signals in the right looking location, still, theres silver rings out there that ping in like a dime or just under a Q on the sportsfields...easy cant miss those...and shallow...so you are not needing to listen much to anything beyond 5"...you can set up soft, and whip on through...

Its that danged gold jewelry that is so unpredictable, unless somebody shows you right where it is, like a lost find recovery, its tough hunting to do it consistently...Tabman does, but you see the pictures of his scrap?:surprised: so he works it hard and leaves the house thinking about it... REVIER got really good at it too, and he's pretty new to the sport, but he got good FAST! set a 2013 goal and hit it...(12 gold)...so study those kind of guys that are really good at it and try to pattern their success...plus, REVIER put some vids on youtube!.

I can help you with beach advice if thats what you have planned, and I'd try to talk you out of it... that is some very TOUGH hunting there buddy! miles upon empty miles, day after day, ...Totlots are a whole lot easier and less strenuous...:thumbup: Good Luck, Glen let us know if we can help out a little more specific advice...
Mud