Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 ltd 2 or xp deus!!

tjbrown1990

Ok I am upgrading from an at pro and I am looking for some suggestions. I detect in iron infested areas and open areas also I am looking for depth and unmasking abilities. I had my mind made up on the xp deus but since finding out about the upgraded f75 ltd I figured I would research it to. I can't make my mind up what one I want now. So I'll be glad for any input. Thanks..

what kind of soil do you have where your at the f75 is a great machine but in heavy minerlization im hearing the f19 is better good luck hh

I've heard great things about the XP Deus. Seems kind of a nuisance, however, to have to charge the coil,unit and headphones separately. Offset with the lack of wires.

The F-75TD2 is simple to use and the menus easy and intuitive. Don't know about the Deus. Try downloading both manuals and comparing.

Thats the only thing about the deus i dont like..charging ...however i love the F75. Its fast deep and very well balanced..

I would like to have the new 75 to compare to the Deus and see if it was an improvement over the original LTD I traded for the Deus.
The Deus is by far the more technologically advanced unit but with technology comes complexity. However that complexity is very well managed with the ease of the Deus' menu system; it's better and more versatile than the 75. I think the 75 with the 11" coil swings easier than the Deus with it's 11" coil because the Deus coil has so much more to it. Coil selection for the Deus is nil compared to the 75 and prohibitively expensive. Neither has shown much depth in my soil because of the high magnetite content--FBS units do much better. Target Id is mediocre on both units. Tones go to the Deus by a narrow margin , plus they are adjustable . A new 75 and a used Deus will set you back about the same but the Deus gives you more value. A used 75 is a frightening thing to consider with the First Texas warranty issues and recent upgrade history. Deus gives you a transferable 5 year with 2 on the batteries. The Deus is the king of the type of detecting you say you do with the 9" coil although the difference to the 75 with a 5" is too small to quibble over.

Expect the "F" series forum to tout the 75 and likewise the Deus forum to tout the XP---I suspect this will end up in the "general" thread as soon as the mods see it

I have both. I have had a the F75 camo, now upgraded, since 2009 and a regular one before that. Both the Deus and F75 ltd 2 work great.

Charging the Deus has never been an issue for me. When it is real cold I use ear buds hooked up to the remote stored in my inner pocket with an amplifier, makes things very warn and loud. Still a lot to learn about the Deus.

The Deus is mainly used as 3 tone for a low iron sound, now the F75 has that.

The F75 has coil choices which I have found important in cotton and corn fields.

I have only used the upgraded F75 twice (went back two Fisher twice) but it has greatly impressed me, digging a sword hanger that was vertical in the ground. Being able to final crack the sense up and run smoothly is going to be great!

Just some general opinions that I hope help.

HH
Fred

Both have their merit but I prefer the larger display and the 75 isn't nose heavy with the 11" coil like I find the Deus to be. I have the upgrade on mine and haven't posted lately but finding silver coins using the FA in spots that haven't given up silver in a while. I have gotten the 10" concentric elliptical and have started my gold ring Quest with it. So far a silver Merc and lots of very small ear ring post that fall in the foil range. These are coming from school fields and not tot lots. Use a Compadre for that. This coil is as deep as the 11 and sure it will find the gold for me. This kind of coil selection isn't available with the Deus. I hunt with guys that own Deus and they do alright but they seem to lose id at depth the 75 is on the money with. I would also recommend the E Trac but it is tough on my older shoulder is its main concern for me. But willn't part witth my ET. The Deus is good in wet sand if that matters where the F75 will not function in it. Not much difference in cost with the new lower cost of the low end Deus. You get 2 coils with the 75 as well. Hope this helps. JR

Clad2Hunt I'm curious why you feel the 10" concentric elliptical coil is better for finding gold then the 11" DD on the F75?

I have the F75 LTD (upgraded to LTD2) and have been having a great time with it, and I feel the DST upgrade was a great investment now that I've got about three months of heavy usage on it.

The 10" elliptical is what Fisher put on the Gold Bug and Gold Strike units. I believe the concentric do a better job of ppinpointing tiny targets.

Thanks for all the replys I have leaned towards buying a f75 ltd but I have my eyes on the makro racer to see how that does again thank you for your input.