Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 ltd coincentric coils

grumpy

Evening , I have a question if anyone can answer I would greatly appreciate it. I run two f75 ltd s and we have several coils of which we have two 10 inch elliptical coils. One is consyc an the other is dd or at least that is what I bought years ago. Now my question is they look identical to me, is there a way to tell which is which. If I could figure out how to tell I would mark them an be able to tell next time I go to mount one or the other.
One I think was actually made for the f 70 and one made for the 75 I have no idea which way but that was what I was told. But they couldn't tell me which is which.
So any help out there ? Even a way to test to see would be helpful.
Thanks
Grumpy

I don't think that Fisher has a Concentric coil that remotely looks the same as the Stock DD. The concentric has a oblong hole in the center and the DD has a solid center with fins feeding off of the center towards the outer portion of the coil.

To my knowledge, and I have been using the F 75 since the first Camo version, the 10" coils are not identical in looks. The 10" concentric is a open, black color coil and the 10" DD is a solid white coil. Both I believe are considered to be elliptical in shape. HH jim tn

Love both coils, the DD is a great all around coil and covers a lot of ground and there is nothing better for finding jewelry on a Fisher than that elliptical concentric.
Finds a whole bunch of other great stuff, too, and the tones you hear out of that concentric are just extra sweet and unique.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2296414,2296729#msg-2296729

The concentric was standard on the F70, maybe the on the F5 too.
The F75 comes with the 11"DD, if you wanted the concentric you had to get it separately.

Fins=DD
Oblong Round holes =Concentric

Grumpy,

Please post a picture of your 2 coils side by side.

Your will for sure get your answer, but if you have 2 coils that look alike I would say they are the same.

Ron in WV

Morning; The pic above are 10 and 11 inch if im not mistaken. the left a dd . I bought a coil like the one on the right years ago concentric and replaced the dd coil on one machine. then later I found a listing for a coil which was same size but listed as a dd and bought it. they appear identical to me. I ask fisher and was told the one was for the 70 while the other was for the 75. the guy didn't know how to tell which was dd and con. It is possible the second one was con also but fisher didn't indicate anything when I talked to him. I also don't remember what dealer I ordered the coil from but I do remember it is not real important either. lol. We use the two main f75 ltd s which we have had for several years with different coils on them to eliminate some misses. what we find one gets sometimes the other has missed. particularly the 10 inch gets top coins and the dd 11inch gets the deeper ones, at least our experience. the wife is not fond of deep targets and it works out well..
Thanks ; if we find anything carved in stone about them we will post
Grumpy

Try running them both over a bottle cap. You should see some differences in your numbers if one is concentric in the other is Double D

If they look alike they are alike, you have 2 concentric coils, that big hole in the middle for sure makes it a concentric. The DD's have a solid bar running from heal to toe.

Coils made for the F70 will run on the F75, they are the same coil except for the label saying F70 or F75.

Ron in WV