Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 LTD Plowed field mode?

RacerX

Anybody know what this mode does differently? I haven't read the whole manual yet but it really only says where to use it - not what the machine is doing in this mode.

Plagiarized directly from NasaTOM:

pf = Is a timing circuit that reduces reportings of 'slow target changes' like a clump of mineralized dirt vs. a smaller/distinct sharp-responding target (strong or weak).

bp & cl is a longer sample-rate.....more samples/snap-shots (read = slower responding) mode/process that allows.....especially for deeper/fringe targets...to be analyzed more times, thus increasing accuracy/reporting.

Cal_Cobra said:
pf = Is a timing circuit that reduces reportings of 'slow target changes' like a clump of mineralized dirt vs. a smaller/distinct sharp-responding target (strong or weak).

Okay, makes perfect sense now.............................................okay, I can't back that up. :surrender:

I imagine this cleans up signals of coins on edge or otherwise disturbed from their original resting place. If so it should work well in a demo. Any time I'm in a demo I'll dig broken signals. A good percentage of the time it's a coin.

I think it's more like this - Imagine your hunting a field, and a cow peed ten years ago at a spot that's now a cow urine clump 6" deep. Most detectors will to some degree detect cow urine minerals and false on it. PF mode will ignore that, but a target that's makeup is more "coin like" will report back as a valid target. Now up the ante, if there's a barber dime 10" under the 6" deep cow urine clump, it should still detect the dime by filtering out the cow business, focusing on the coin.

Like that analogy eh :punch:

I'm sure someone has a better analogy, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it :devil:

sometime when you hunt a plowed field, especially one that has some definite mineralization, use all metal and listen to the threshold as you swing over the irregular ground. You'll probably hear some definite threshold fluxuation and in the extreme, you'll get an occasional response just from the ground. Now if you were in one of the other disc modes (besides PF) you'd hear that occasional ground response as a signal. PF minimizes this from happening. Another interesting thing that I've observed PF do is if used with a slow sweep speed, it will actually "unmask" some certain ferrous colocated with non-ferrous target situations better than the other modes. I found that pretty interesting given the usual common perspective around PF. Actually, CL does something pretty similar (again, with an even slower sweep speed) but with greater depth and some less ID accuracy. At least that is what I've observed around here.

So would PF be better for bead of nails iron type hunting when used with a slooooow sweep speed vs any of the other modes on the LTD ?

Can't say that for sure..I just know that when I did some tests with ferrous and non-ferrous targets at various different proximities, more than just a few times, the PF separated better (it was the only mode that sniffed out the non-ferrous target) with a slow sweep speed as compared to the other original modes. One of those "hmmmmmmm" moments.

Thanks for that information Buckeyebrad.

One of the schools I hunt has an area with a lot of iron that is very small pieces when dug. GB will be around 70 and Fe3O4 indicator is at 0.3 with a lot of iron grunts on most every swing of the coil. Other areas of this school GB in low 60's and Fe3O4 is 0.03. I've been hunting mostly boost mode. Will have to try PF in this area.
tvr

Thanks Brad, that's good info to know :thumbup:

It's too bad that FT doesn't give a more detailed description of what each process is doing :confused:

on those iron co-located targets?

Tom

n/t

Invoking BP while in normal PF mode.

Tom

n/t

There is no PF boost what detector are you refering to?