Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Ltd/SE With 10" Concentric or 6" Round

ArizFlash

I'm going to be receiving a new F75 SE with the 11" & 5" DD Coils.

After reading about the issues with deep ferrous reading as high tones and the VDI numbers jumping around I was wondering if anyone has tried the 10" or 6" concentric coils and if they provided better VDI at depth and unmasking of nearby ferrous items?

You have got the two best coils for un-masking and depth....far and away. I very, very seldom have the deep ferrous issue you mention. But, on deeper targets, vdi does get jumpy some, but tone is usually good. Good luck. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim. I've used concentric and DD coils on Whites and Tesoros and always found the concentric ID'd better at depth and would handle bottle tops better. I'll have to use the DD's for a while and see how they perform.

HH - Alan in East Bay

For two hunting situations I'll put one of the concentrics on. Hunting wet sand at salt water beaches. I like the 10 inch concentric just a little over the 11 inch DD. The 11 inch DD gets better coverage, but the 10 inch concentric is a little more forgiving to being off just a hair on the ground balance. I normally don't go to the beach with the F75, but it is capable of doing very well over the wet sand as well as the dry; although it is a mentally fatiguing detector for me over the wet salt. I like using the 6 inch elliptical concentric when hunting the edge of re-enforced concrete sidewalks. I find I can get a little closer to the sidewalk than I can with the 5 inch DD.

I'm with Jim about the 11 inch DD and 5 inch DD being terrific coils.
Cheers,
tvr

I can safely say there is a time and place of every coil.

I can also say that the little 6.5 elliptical concentric coil has a special place in my detecting bag reserved for jewelry hunting. This little coil will not go real deep but it is the most sensitivity coil for small gold that you can get for the F75.

When you run it set the F75 in JE processor, disc at 10, sensitivity as high as you can. In my soil I am getting 4" to 5" of depth. Just keep in mind there is a lot of trash in with that gold.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron. I believe Ill be ordering the 6" elliptical.

Alan

TVR,

Thanks for the response. Ive used the 10" elliptical on my son's F70 as well as the 11" DD. Like you stated the 11" has better coverage. I also noted it has better seperation between adjacent targets but seems to be noisier at the same settings. I think my first accessory coil will be the 6" elliptical.

Alan