Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 making a funny noise (not ha ha funny) bad funny

I just want to throw this out there to see if anyone has an idea what might be wrong.
I went to the beach the other day with my F75 (original not ltd or se) and all worked perfect. The next day I decided to clean it because it was covered with sand. I hosed down the coil and shaft about half way up, unscrewed the base of the coil from the shaft and cleaned out the connecting parts, I dried ever thing and put it back together. Water never came in contact or even close to the electronics.
I went to do some 4th of July hunting and everything seems to work ok except there seems to be alot of static sound now. I thought maybe it was the new location I was detecting but used it today at a local hunting ground and its still humming and buzzing. I checked the batteries and they are almost new, I did a factory reset and the noise is still there but it occasionally seems to quiet down only for a little while. Any Ideas? I'm thinking I may need a new coil.
Let me know what you guys and gals are thinking any help would be great.

You probably already covered this, but several times I thought my ltd was on the fritz, turned out the coil cable was not tightened up at the top, really. Although that was all kinds of crazy noises but none I would describe as static. Maybe some sand is blocking that connection tightening. Best of luck with your issue. CO

Does the coil have a cover on it? If so, did you clean out any sand and debris that may have been stuck inside the cover?
I had another brand detector that was sensitive to just such issues.

Good Luck
Tony

After hosing the coil, may be a small leak and a bit of water got in. I have one coil that does that for another detector I have when I hunt in very wet grass. Seem like it takes about a day for it to work right again. Just a guess, anyway. HH jim tn

I don't know if there alike, but today I cleaned my G2 11 inch stock coil and it acted funny(weird sounds and display) after cleaning. I found a small cover on top side of the coil at the bottom, behind the handle. It had water still coming out of it. I pried the cover up and sure enough it was wet inside. I dried it well and let it air out for a hour or so.I noticed that the cover had some black silicon sealer on it. I removed the old silicon and re-sealed it with new silicon. All is well now. So much for getting it wet in the future. Good luck!! and HH!