Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75, NEL Snake, Sennheiser wireless, Great Combination!

MI-AuAg

I had the opportunity to run my recently purchased F75 in an extremely trashy area. The results were very encouraging.

The F75 is very comfortable, and easy to operate. With the additional new features including the DST, I consider it a good value at it's current reduced price.

The NEL 6.5"x3.5" Snake coil operated as I had hoped it would. I was able to retrieve about a dozen coins quickly, out of an area that had become almost unworkable with a standard coil. None were the old ones I was looking for, mostly 1960's-80's, but the fact that I was able to sift them out of extreme trash is a good sign. I know more old stuff is still there. I only covered a small portion of the area.

The Sennheiser RS 160 digital wireless headphones worked flawlessly also. Very comfortable, absolutely no signal lag, very crisp sound.

In terms of equipment setup, it couldn't get much better for me. It was one of those rare days, when the research and planning that I put into this setup came together without a hitch! No disappointments.

Have you ran FA mode in there yet?

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
Have you ran FA mode in there yet?

HH
Mike

Hello Mike,

Yes, I did briefly run it in FA to check it out. In all honesty, with the slim width axis (3.5") of the Snake coil, I found the faster/shorter tone response wasn't necessary. I primarily ran it in DE with excellent results. I think if a slightly bigger coil was being used, the FA process would be very useful.

If you notice the air test show with the snake in BP exceeds the air test of the 11" in DE.

I would suggest going back with the snake in BP and slow your swing down a little and try to get some of those deep old coins.

Ron in WV

Sorry about that, I lost track of who has what machine.

Ron in WV

Boost with such a small coil would definitely be a plus!

I was able to run with 87-90 sensitivity with no problem. I was in close proximity to a small bank branch, just a row of thick cedar trees in between. There was a transformer, and I'm sure, alarm systems, yet the F75 was very quiet. In the time I was there, I did two frequency shifts when it started to chatter. It cured it both times.

One thing that was immediately apparent, the F75 hits hard on low conductors. I found a lot of old lead, in the form of small shotgun pellets, buckshot, bullets, and a nickel, mixed in among nails. Shows why it is a decent nugget shooting detector. This area was mostly unbuilt upon 100 yrs ago. My deepest dug target was at about 9 inches. Lead again. It was a flat piece of lead, about the size and thickness of a stick of gum, slightly balled up on one end. When retrieving it, I encountered three nails between the lead and the ground surface. The tone and ID were both locked on the conductive zone of the lead. I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising, given the size/shape/conductivity of the lead. The processor would naturally lock on the lead. It was still impressive none the less, three nails in between.

I know I'm gonna like this setup for trash sifting!

I get my F75 Gold tomorrow! Been reading up on it, hope I'm smart enough to use it! Been using the F4 for 3 years now, Now I have to go back to all the places I hunted out and find all the deep stuff!!! Can't wait!