Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 new addition question

grumpyaz

I have a dumb question i guess but will ask anyway; on the new f75 there is a elec interference mode you can turn off and on to my understanding;
well us being less than wealthy and detector poor can someone tell me o n a used f 75 of the newer version how do you identify the ones that have this feature in them??
I have two without and i hunt a area next to a microwave tower and would like to keep an eye open to find a newer one if i can.
Thanks for the help
Grumpy

Do not quote me on this but I believe you want to look for the Limited or Special Edition models. There are no DST decals on the exterior either. With DST on I was able to walk up and pass at CTX3030, he had to back away from a roof mount internet antenna. I had no interference what so ever with it. Now the flip side.....
Neighbor lost his work keys on the shared road, more than likely when I plowed snow I buried them good. Fired up the 75 and was bombarded with EMI in front of my house. I think the saturated wet ground and buried electric power lines might be a bit much. It died off once I got away from the cables etc.

Mine with DST on it is called F75 LTD2 DST. No where on the manual, however, does it say DST. Seemingly the owner should know if it has (Digital Shielding Technology), DST.

However, to determine if it does or doesn't, with detector off PRESS AND HOLD THE RED MENUE BUTTON AND PUSH THE TOGGLE SWITCH FORWARD.
Then, TURN THE DETECTOR ON WHILE STILL HOLDING THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONTROLS, and continue to hold.
If 90 SHOWS UP, ROTATE SETTINGS KNOB CLOCKWISE AND SEE 91 DISPLAYED. 90 and 91 are the on off numbers for DST and thus shows if said detector has the DST feature.

I run my DST off 98% of the time. Running on one will loose some depth. DST on doesn't always eliminate severe emissions 100%, either.

Anyway, that's the method for determining DST. HH Jim tn

well a big thanks for the info. sounds like the only way to check out an older used machine will be drop a call to the el paso boys and give them the sn# and ask . lol.
Thanks again Grumpy

Calling First Texas is not needed, jim tn gave you correct information on how to find out if it has DST. If the 90 or 91 does not show, that means it does not have the DST. Not having DST is not necessarily a bad thing because the early F75's without DST are hot and probably go a little deeper. If you are unsure how to do it like jim tn said, download the F75 LTD manual and follow instructions on how to do a Factory Reset. The Factory Reset is what jim tn was talking about. Good luck and keep us informed.

grumpyaz, I guess I misunderstood what you were actually looking for. What I described above is how one can determine if a F 75 has DST. Which, is what I thought you were asking? Either you or the current owner of the 75 can accomplish this in 15 seconds. HH Jim tn