Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Pinpoint Trouble After Changing Some Settings

David53

I am having a hard time learning what part of the coil to use for Pinpointing with my F75 especially when I changed the settings on it so it would run more smoothly in a high trash environment. I got a tip from a tech at Kellyco to go into all metal and turn the threshold to -5 then go back to discrimination mode and run my sensitivity as high as possible as long as the detector stayed stable and not too noisy for detecting areas with lots of trash. I also saw where increasing the grab ground setting by +3 under manual ground would help with not missing small targets. After I changed these settings and went back to Discrimination Mode I was not able to pinpoint off of the toe part of the coil anymore. I instead seemed to have to use the part bottom part of the top 1/3 of the coil, which is the part of the coil that is the bottom part of the toe? Whenever I have pinpointed in the past before I made these setting changes, I was able to use the wiggle method and pull the toe back and my target would be consistently where I thought it ought to be located. I did not know changing the settings on the F75 would affect how to pinpoint?
Also whenever I have used the 5"DD coil I have yet to figure out what part of that coil needs to be used for pinpointing? On my Tesoro's I use the center of the coil as a reference point. The heel to toe method works well on my CTX as well as the center of the coil itself. I can usually use the X method with every other detector I have, but not the F75?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe the Threshold Change is not something I ought to do even though the detector runs much more smoothly and I am able to use as much sensitivity as I desired even all the way to 99.

I have an f70. Similar to the f75 with DD coil. I almost always use the wiggle method. On deep targets it gets you in the area even in disc.

Do a factory reset will get you back to square one.

The little 5" coil DD coil so you can PP off the toe or in the center, same with the 11"DD. I like using the center of my coils and my brother uses the toe.

You can all metal trigger and PP with that by de-tuning and take your coin size target right down to the center of the coil. This is the method I use most.

I am not sure about this one, buy I don't think you can PP of the toe of a concentric.

Ron in WV

changing your settings should not affect pinpointing also the threshold settings in all metal do not affect or carry over to discrimination Mode like it does on the f70, like WV62 said do a factory reset and try practicing pinpointing on visible targets. i would recommend that you get your help here rather than kellyco good luck hh