Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 ... Pondering Getting One

Okay live in NE Colorado out on the eastern plains - aka desert. Will be hunting old farm sites, rural schools, battle grounds, forts, parks, yards ...

I own a Minelab Musketeer and a Tesoro Silver micro max. As far as I know they still work well - haven't been out for a while but looks like I'll have more time in the future.

First - how much deeper (not inches but 2X, 3X, 4X) will the F75 detect something compared to what I own. I know soil and moisture plays a big role just a ball park.

Second - is it possible to find the F75 on sale for less than $500? I've checked some of the forum sponsors ... but looking for the best deal possible.

Thanks

Nobody can give you a depth rating, 2X, 3X,4X, unless we knew what depth your others reach to.
Neither of yours were exactly known as depth demons in their time.
Soil conditions have a lot to do with depth on most detectors.
In good, black low mineralized soil the top Fishers, F75/F70, can get to the 12" mark or further, add mineralization into the mix and depth is going to be reduced.
Not sure what your soil is like in area you live so I would check it out if you can, parts of Colorado you can find gold and that kind of soil where that happens is usually mineralized.
I could hit 12-15" easily in good Kansas and Missouri soil, here in the red clay in Alabama that kind of depth is just a dream in the bad stuff.
The 85th Anniversary F75 is priced at $599 but most dealers sell it for $499...I doubt if you can find and new F75 for less.
Used it would be hard to find one lower too, and warranties don't transfer on used units.

The F70 is a rat rod version of the flagship, less features but it has the core abilities....power, depth, sensitivity, superior target separation and recovery speed.
That one currently sells for close to $700 with a big DD coil but that will change because they lowered the price on the top line flagship to $700, the Anniversary edition is selling at a lower price and starting soon, today probably, they are coming out with a new recharged model in the Teknetics line called the Patriot which is supposed to be an exact F70 clone.
With discounts it is $399...if you want superior depth and ability below that $500 price point this would be the one to look at.
Plenty of features and settings, boost, complete control over all settings in all metal and disc, two completely different programs that you can set up differently but can switch to at the touch of a button.
No DST, missing some processes the top end units have but still gets the job done so if getting under $500 is important to you and you still want a unit that has abilities above the top of the entry level line this would be one to consider.

I believe the F75 is the deepest detector U can buy for the price. If U want to find stuff at 10-12 inches this is your detector. I also have the E-trac and my opinion it is best at the silver. It seems to me to top out around 7-8 inches max on coins in my mild soil. Maybe I am not good enough at it yet (using 2 years) but the F75 at the price is a bargain. It battery life is crazy. It goes forever on 4 rechargeable batteries I use. I would get a F75 unit that has 5 inch and 11 inch coil. DST seems to be great for me and BP is crazy deep in open areas with little or no sen setting. Want to go 12 inches at 0 Sensitivity. I have done it. I believe they are really reliable and I believe I would find a used one if U cannot afford a new one. I believe u can find used ones pretty cheap. If you what a suggestion where to loop PM me.

Thanks - helps.

You have given me a lot to think about. Have toyed with getting another Tesoro ... but leaning toward a Fisher.

Teknetics is a forum sponsor - you can only get the Patriot direct from them at www.tekneticsdirect.com. With a coupon code, you can get $50 off and free shipping. Your dealer can give you a code

lytle78 said:
Teknetics is a forum sponsor - you can only get the Patriot direct from them at www.tekneticsdirect.com. With a coupon code, you can get $50 off and free shipping. Your dealer can give you a code

I did a copy and paste using www.tekneticsdirect.com

Don't get anything ...

Thanks for the help

The website should be up in a day or two.

Tom

I have had a F75 since they first came out and can say, for me in my soil, it is the deepest I've ever used. Where the dirt is mildly mineralized I have dug silver nickels at 12". Now on the other hand, if you're hunting in highly mineralized, gold fields the F75 is not the best choice.

Hi Markg, what would be a good detector for highly mineralized soil ? So many detectors out there to choose from.