Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 ... pretty impressive

Well some of you know how I like to try new machines!
Having a hunting buddy that is hard headed about change has been a pleasure lately. He purchased a F75, ran it for one weekend and handed it over to me saying "see if you can figure this thing out".
I'm not going to post his name or what he's been using but it's not even close in terms of raw power the F75 exhibits.
I've been reading all the F75 post made throughout the forums and couldn't help being CURIOUS but I always like making my own determination.
After 25 hours or so of hunt time with the F75 I have to give kudos out the designers. This is one hard core depth demon, it has superb separation qualities .... although I'm NOT convinced YET that it's as good as the Explorer in heavy iron, but, that may change when a small coil comes out.
All of the qualities previously mentioned about battery life, swing speed for quick ground coverage and very nice separation are dead on.
I was concerned about the noise at first but after getting accustomed to it I don't even think about it anymore.
Plain and simple ... I'm very impressed and ordered one for myself from
Ronnie Dugger last Monday :)
Hopefully my hunting partner will buckle down and learn his, I know I've raised his eyebrow's more than a time or two with some finds made right out of his own footsteps and I can see that he's regretting not knowing his F75 yet.
I also hope to see how well this machine will do on nuggets soon, I've been prospecting a new site that is well known for small pickers and flour gold that looks a lot like the stuff below. We'll see soon enough :)
Good Hunting
Mike

[quote Mike Bearden]Well some of you know how I like to try new machines!
Having a hunting buddy that is hard headed about change has been a pleasure lately. He purchased a F75, ran it for one weekend and handed it over to me saying "see if you can figure this thing out".
I'm not going to post his name or what he's been using but it's not even close in terms of raw power the F75 exhibits.
I've been reading all the F75 post made throughout the forums and couldn't help being CURIOUS but I always like making my own determination.
[size=medium]After 25 hours or so of hunt time with the F75 I have to give kudos out the designers. This is one hard core depth demon, it has superb separation qualities .... although I'm NOT convinced YET that it's as good as the Explorer in heavy iron, but, that may change when a small coil comes out.[/size]All of the qualities previously mentioned about battery life, swing speed for quick ground coverage and very nice separation are dead on.
I was concerned about the noise at first but after getting accustomed to it I don't even think about it anymore.
Plain and simple ... I'm very impressed and ordered one for myself from
Ronnie Dugger last Monday :)
Hopefully my hunting partner will buckle down and learn his, I know I've raised his eyebrow's more than a time or two with some finds made right out of his own footsteps and I can see that he's regretting not knowing his F75 yet.
I also hope to see how well this machine will do on nuggets soon, I've been prospecting a new site that is well known for small pickers and flour gold that looks a lot like the stuff below. We'll see soon enough :)
Good Hunting
Mike[/quote]

Mike...Hello, and thanks for the candid post.

Referring to the high-lighted red section:-

Forgive my incredulity when reading the bit that comments on comparing the Explorer to the F75 regarding working in iron.

Mike, there isn't any comparison. The Fisher will make the Explorer look like a muzzled bear.
The F75 will sing like a lark over the good targets that are 'iron masked' to the Explorer.

I can't believe how blind the owners are of those machines are to it 'Achilles heel'. Explorers go relatively dumb over areas which are populated by iron heavily trash.
The French Goldmax Power has already given the Minelabs a kicking here in the UK.
Now the Fisher F75 and T2 are a refined level above even that unit.​

You won't regret having a Fisher in your arsenal. Keep the Explorer for the wet sand, where it is simply the best, or clean fields free from heavy Fe mineralisation........So welcome to the action with the F75.....Believe me, you won't regret it.

As for your mate....Can't get to grips with the F75?

I suspect he is suffering from some form of Exploropsychokiesis disorder.....Lots of Luv.....MattR.UK.

My buddy is a long time Whites user and wouldn't even think about using my Explorer after hearing all the sounds that come from it :) He likes it SIMPLE and when his analog meter says dig .. he digs, and is rarely disappointed.
As for your statement about the Explorer not being good in heavy iron, maybe YOU missed the boat and didn't try one using wide open screen in Iron Mask ? If you did, then maybe for not long enough.
Nothing I've used so far, and I've been detecting , since 1974 will hunt in the iron as well as the Explorer when set up this way. It see's all and hears all within it's reach, no nulling whatsoever and the reset speed is much faster although SLOW compared to the F75 of course. I have around 6000 hours on the Explorer and know it pretty darn well.
Have dug MANY pieces of silver that show iron stains on them where iron was actually laying on top of or across them, 90% found with a Explorer.

I've never used a XP Gold Maxx but from what I've read it appears to be a great performer, pictures look a lot like a Sovereigns body design though, even the coils. But ... also apppears to be heavy.
I didn't post what I did for a debate, I'm simply proud to have a F75 on it's way that I can claim as my own and look forward to using it for years to come.
Best Regards and Good Hunting Matt

Mike

One thing for sure, when Mike gets a machine it does not take long for him to get the most out of it. Keep posting Mike!
StephenA

Hey Mike, Did you hunt the F75 in AM like I assume you do your Explorer. I have a F75 and also just got an Explorer SE and I was woondering what you meant by Iron mask wide open....are you saying all metal? Do you dig all then or just what sounds good to you? I'm having a bit of a learning curve with the Explorer. Thanks for any details...Dickie

Mike,

With the F-75, Place;

*Disc. on '06'
*Sens. high enough so as to create some air-test chatter
*Mandatory monotone (1-tone)
* 'PF' or 'DE' mode
*Gnd Bal as necessary

* "Somewhat" ignore VDI readings due to multi-co/locate targets.

Your ears/brain will fatigue on first few hunts.

Hit the older Fe-infested sites and....... as time permits; report findings. Go behind Explorer....if possible.

((( More amp info on my web-site ))).

Tom

Iron Mask with a wide open screen( -16 ) is what I was refering to while hunting with the SE. I hunt with that setting at least 90% of the time.
I like to hear everything on the Explorer and I don't like to hear a null like you'll certainly get when using any kind of disc on the Explorer.
Discrimination slows it's processing speed way down too, takes many hours to get used to it but worth it. First and foremost learn to hunt by the SOUND of the targets and it'll all click for you soon enough.
And YES ... so far I like running the F75 in all metal, like to hear that threshold go silent and see the depth meter bottom out :)
The F75 has ridiculous power and depth when turned up, reminds me of a Ferrari that needs a slight valve adjustment to quieten it down but still runs like a bat out of hell.

Mike

After reading a number of posts all over-it seems that quite a few F75 users still like their T2's for ease of use, less interference compared to the F75, and overall stability-particularly in city locations-both reports from the US and the UK. I'm a coin hunter and have yet to use either-I'm kind of leaning towards the T2 right now as my next purchase. I have used CZ's, EX II's, C$, ID Edge, and the X-Terras(50 and 70)...I still like how the X-terra 50 really locked on a good target and found many good targets after my CZ-70 but it was unusable at some great sites due to severe electronic interference from nearby powerlines. We'll see...HH

In fact many think it's an improvement over the T2. What the F75 has is a little more power, or hotter gain making it seem to some as somewhat chattery at first to some new users.
The F75 can be as quiet or as "noisy" as the user wants...there's alot of options. I feel alot of the "chattery" concerns are simply because folks are driving up the sensitivity, or are coming from a more "silent search" , less "hot" detector.....
HH,
Bill

sometimes I have held my F75 a few a foot of the ground and I see the display going a bit funky. But I think that might happen to another detector in the same area also. The other day it did the same and I put my disc up to about ten and it was nice and steady so yeah you have to play with it a bit sometimes.