Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 question

Ronk

On disc 6 in monotone a small rusted washer will give partially good audio but when I use disc 0 the audio becomes more clipped or dissappear. Shouldn't I be getting a better audio at 0 disc than 6 because of less discrimination?
Ronk

What does the vdi read? Air testing doesn’t always correlate to actual ground readings as ground balance comes into play,different coils read targets differently…Just some thoughts…

My thoughts are you are getting more discrimination at 6 than you are 0?
The higher the number the higher the discrimination is how I understand things to work.

I hunt with 0 disc. on the F 75 as I want to hear the iron grunts and any other targets that may be partially masked. However, I typically hunt in 3 & 4h tones. A rusty washer with 0 disc will most likely sound "ratty," like a rusty piece. Same target with 6 disc sounds better as the disc is disc out the minerals in the soil. My thinking, anyway. HH jim tn

I hunt with 0 disc. on the F 75 as I want to hear the iron grunts and any other targets that may be partially masked. However, I typically hunt in 3 & 4h tones. A rusty washer with 0 disc will most likely sound "ratty," like a rusty piece. Same target with 6 disc sounds better as the disc is disc out the minerals in the soil. My thinking, anyway. HH jim tn
I'll have to do more testing. I know in ground results will probably be different. Then 0 disc on F75 is not All metal. I hunt in AM sometimes depending on conditions. I thought disc 6 would be a little better rejection than 0 disc. I haven't checked the VDI yet because at the time I was only interested in the audio sound. I had the 3x6 dd cors shrew on. I'll try different coils to compare differences. When I put a nickel against the washer I got a good dig signal.
Ronk

According to Dankowski, when you switch to any tone setting other than (1)/monotone the discrimination automatically starts out at 15.There is an article on this subject under F-75 Peak Performance @ metaldetector.com

Is 1n and 1f considered tones? I know 2f would be considered tones. Low and high.
Ronk

Is 1n and 1f considered tones? I know 2f would be considered tones. Low and high.
Ronk
I believe the ferrous
tone break is preset at 15 anywhere other than monotone.

Last edited:
What size coil are you using? I have f/s a new ''Cors" 9.5"X 5.5" D.D. coil that works perfect just sold my f-75 with the stock 11" coil and kept the new one.Will take $89 shipped.For more details ---glock17@suddenlink.net cjm

Attachments

• P4140502.JPG
    P4140502.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 95
  • P4170517.JPG
    P4170517.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 99
  • P4200521.JPG
    P4200521.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 107