Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 response time

sprchng

Is there anyway to slow the response time on the F75? I have read using BP instead of other processes extends the tone slightly but I concerned it would require lowering my sensitivity evn further. My dirt seems to consistently GB in the upper 80's to lower 90's and running much more than 60 to 65 sens. gets chatty awfully fast even if I am running on the quietest frequency. The target tones are often gone so quickly , I find myselff back tracking to hear what I've missed. it would sure be nice if I could push a button or turn a knob and turn a "ding" into "riiinnng"

you want to elongate the tone from a ping to a piiiiing?
I dont think thats possible... but really, drop that thresh negative and you wont have any trouble hearing the real "pings" you should not be hearing any chatter, just solid pings on target. I know, right?...but in those chatty spots gotta go low sens, low thresh and low disc for comfortable and sucessful hunting..or get a really small coil...I believe somebody with more time and expertise will jump in on this and steer you in the right direction..Good Luck and good Question!:clapping:
Mud

Sprchng, look this up; Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Proto.

Thanx. I've been reading it - about 4 pages in. Haven't had the opportunity to try it out in my dirt yet. Hopefully today.
BP and a slower swing speed perhaps.
Any real world experience?
50% duration increase surely wouldn't break my heart!!!

I was gona suggest you slow your swing down especially in bp mode.If you dont have alot of experience with the F75 I suggest you go back to factory default,when your having issues with alot of chatter always increase your disc.and lower the sens. Thats where the factory reset comes unto play as a way to start out.Then manually GB I always add a number or two for a positive result.Start out in DE process then gradually increase sens. and lower disc.Hope this helps!!......hh rick in mi.

Sprchng,

I am not sure what type of hunting you are doing, coins, relics, jewelry, or maybe even gold nugget hunting.

But here is some suggestions that you may want to try. Just to start off with as suggested above a factory reset is a good idea.

If you select single tone or 1F this will get rid of the bits of tones being heard. I was running 3 tones and when I would hear a little of that high tone it would stop me dead in my tracks. The first time I tried single tone I had my first F75 silver dime within my first hour of hunting.

Now if you are a high tone coin hunter, you may want to try and max out your disc and run what ever tones you want. You will only hear the high tones. I know a lot of guys will not agree with this max disc setting, but keep in mind your F75 does not lose any depth with higher disc settings. Keep in mind running high disc you can forget about finding any gold jewelry.

Ron in WV

Thanx for the responses.

After a frustrating day like today I'm leaning toward taking my e-trac and beating the snot out of the F75 with it!
I used a Fisher Gold Bug back in the late 80's and thought that was the most aggravating machine ever made until today. I'm beginning to think I got a bad unit or a bad coil. I've read most of the threads on Dankowski's site and understand the procedure for quieting this thing down but the off switch was the only solution today. I read somewhere if you disconnect the coil and crank the sens. up to 99 and 0 disc. it should still stay quiet. Well today mine sounds like a Fukishima geiger counter and wouldn't hush until disc.1 and sens down to 70 with no coil. Swinging it was impossible. Factory default to even milder it was well mannered until the coil moved and then became a nightmare. All connections solid , 5' coil helped some but couldn't run it beyond sens.40 in any setting. Frequency shift was futile. Repeated GB no help and the ground was difficult at 90 to 92.

In all fairness the recommended sensitvity on my e-trac was pegged at 10 which is the lowest I've seen here in Central NM -- that's out of 30 but I can always push the ET to 10 over what it suggests and remain stable. I was hunting a middle school for coins that was built in 1975 with sod laid over the highly alkaline (8.5ph or better) native soil and numerous times the FeO3 scale was pegged but the ET managed to pull out 80 clad and greater that $10 plus two silver rings in a 3 hour hunt.

I've about had it with the 75 at this point if Fisher's 1k machine can't run any better than this.
Any suggestions on procedures for checking coils and detectors?

Only way I know is if you have another coil. I did hear that some of the coils were leaking, so if you put it any water I would think you may have got one of the bad ones.

I was about ready to pitch mine, it was more than I could stand. Still think if you give it a couple of hours set on single tone you will see a difference.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

I used to run an explorer and I felt the same way when I got the F75. They're totally different. Don't expect the same operation from both units. The GB number is good. When I get ground in the 40s is when I have issues. You are in an area with hot rocks or rust flakes. PF mode will sometimes smooth it out. Overlap your swings and if its repeatable on both swings then it worth further investigation. If not keep moving. 2 tones work best for me. Stay out of JE and BP mode until you get used to it. Put the etrac up until you learn the f75. Switching back and forth will only make it worse. I'm still having issues in heavy trash. Don't try and center in on a target to ID it. The id works best with a wider sweep. The machine operates just opposite from what you've been running. Personally I like the faster sweep and the lighter weight, And it deeep. I've never had to change frequencies.

I've read most of the pertinent parts of both the monster threads over there and they're very helpful but I never hit the key yesterday. I'm Irish and one has to give the 75 credit for surviving to be used on another day. I'll try a change of venue today. I still don't see how this thing is given credit for different tones when a "ping" is "p" a "ding" is "d" and a "beep" is "b". My intention was to use it primarily for Relics which may become it's only use as the all metal sounds much like the old Gold Bug and appears to work well.

Does one 1Gold Bug and 1Bounty Hunter = 1F75? :)

I was having trouble in rusty nails today. This was an old home place that had so many square nails I would get 2 or 3 high pitched chirps on every swing. I started in BP mode 3 tones and disc at 6. It was driving me crazy. I put the small coil on and the same results. I was thinking this detector cant handle a site like this. I went to PF mode and raised the disc to 8 set the sensitivity to 80 and it was like a totally different detector. I would get an occasional chirp but it was the exception, not the rule. It was so smooth that I went back to the 11 inch coil and stuff started coming out of the ground. Nothing of big value but enough to let me know the detector was doing its job. Stuff like spoons, melted lead , brass , shot bullets and finally a old sliver ring. The iron rarely gave me a false and when it did It would show as a spike on the iron meter and I would avoid it. This place was so littered the only place I could GB was on top of a fire ant mound. Try these settings and see if U get results.

What a timely post for me JHM.
Today we tried a totally different type of place. Modern park , tall grass dry and GBed at 85 eventually. Before using the 75 I began with the e-trac and my buddy used his MXT. Before long we were both running max gain relic modes because the park was so clean. Spooky clean after the Trasheto Concert we are accustomed to. I was digging every nickel/tab reading just to have some activity besides swinging. I only turned up a dozen or so clad after an hour (4 nickels) and decided to use the 75 . My buddy was ready to try greener pastures but I persuaded him to persevere for a while.

I still had the 5" coil on it and changed to the 11 but before I fired it up I did a couple of tests without connecting the coil. Factory reset then started cranking the sens up on de factory start settings of disc 15 and sens 60. Stayed stable with no coil until 86--at 87 it came apart. Backed the sens to 86 where it was dead quiet and started lowering the disc. At 4 the static began and didn't quit until the sens hit 45. Don't know if that's indicates a thing but I thought it might be interesting to someone who knows. Connected the coil and started at factory setting . Remember this is about as clean as ground as you can find, even searched a bit in all metal and dug a couple clad on the hard zips. In disc 15 and sens 60 it was usable with intermittent clicking and popping up to about 75 but with a continuous high tone false reading that never diminished even with sens at 40. This high tone falsing occurred only with coil movement and if the coil was still the machine was silent. I usually swing about 150 degrees when searching with about 2 seconds from left to right , 4 seconds complete cycle--each direction would produce 3 or 4 high tone falses that always corresponded to a TID of 88 to 95 and up.

I read a thread somewhere yesterday about testing coils by tapping them with a stick--maybe here but i can't find it --had a response from Dankowski in it about microphoning or something. Well , I didn't have a stick but very gently tapping the side of the coil on the trunk of a nearby tree produced the same false high tone reading every time.

Suggestions anyone?

That doesnt sound good. I've never checked mine with the coil unhooked, I never had a reason to. But I have experenced 2 kinds of EMI. In some areas I will actually get e threshold type tone in discriminate. A steady hum. This always occurs at 87 on the sensitivity checked with the coil off the ground. Then if im within 50 ft of a power line and the sensitivity is 60 or above it will chatter wildly, almost like I can't get it turned off fast enough. The first condition is more common but isnt an issue. Sometime I can crank it to 99 with no issues. I seldom run that high. Occasionally FT has some quality problems but they get right on it if U send it in. Mine had a bad haedphone socket and it took about a week and a half to get it back. I would let them check it before the main hunting season starts.