Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 SE LTD plowed field?

ky digger

I am considering the latest version of the F75 which has an option called "plowed field". The manual says nothing about it. Can anyone explain what makes this option special, and how it performs?

My F75 manual shows that it is a process for hunting in irregular ground, especially plowed fields.

All my 75's have had that processor but I never found a use for it. I have seen a lot of post on the F75's but never seen anything on the PF processor or the BC processor.

Ron in WV

I am particularly interested in using it in England where all of the detecting is in plowed fields that are in a variety of conditions from rough plowed to smooth and packed.

i really have not tried it on mine either. I think you can go download the fisher treasure news magazine off of their website. In there it explains some of the processes that are on fisher metal detectors. My model has it. Some people say that on certain machines, the air in the soil messes up the halo of a target that has been in the ground or some units do not like fluffy dirt. I really have not experienced this with my F 75. Although certain soil conditions or minerals could probably throw the machine. Either way you will probably like the F 75. Good luck

ky digger said:
I am considering the latest version of the F75 which has an option called "plowed field". The manual says nothing about it. Can anyone explain what makes this option special, and how it performs?

Hello ky digger,

Here is a brief explanation of the PF (Plowed Field Process). It is from writings of Dave Johnson, Chief Design Engineer of First Texas Products. He is also the designer of the F75.

"This process replicates to some extent the characteristics of earlier all-analog 'two-filter' discriminators. It lacks some of the performance enhancements which software-driven signal analysis made it possible to incorporate into the default and jewelry processes. Lumpy ground and steel bottle caps tend to negate the benefit of those performance enhancements, making it possible for some users who are familiar with the response characteristics of traditional 'two-filter' discriminators to put that familiarity to use to get slightly better results in lump ground or in bottle cap-infested areas"

HH