Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 setting for relics

NYRaider

I'm new to the f75 ltd, I have a CZ6a and got very use to it.
I was wondering what settings I might try to use for Civil War Relics around Culpeper VA. I do have a sef 11 inch coil I was thinking of using.
Any ideas? Thanks

I've used the F75 pretty much the entirety of my relic hunting career. I've tried other machines, but somehow always find my way back to it.

I hunt CW relics in VA also, but mostly around Richmond where the soil is mild. There are major differences between my soil and yours, but I'm happy to give you some tips on how I use mine...

I run it hotter than Mila Kunis.....

BP Disc mode mostly always
Disc 5
Sens 85-99 depending on emi
Notch on 1
2 tones

Fast grab ground balance then switch to all metal side and add 3
Threshold (all metal side) 2+, this is the only setting that carries back over to disc mode from all-metal (per tech at Fisher)

Start with that in good ground. Culpepper has some nasty soil. Many F75 users in that area run in all-metal with max sensitivity and dig every repeatable signal. Due to the mineralization, good targets, at depth, will sound like iron. Pretty much anything deeper than 6" or so, sometimes shallower, will give a low reading in hot soil. Get used to digging ever target, at least the top couple inches. After you open up the hole, and peel back the top layer, the targets should sound better.

Hope this helps. Happy Hunting! -Wolf

The Wolf said:
Threshold (all metal side) 2+, this is the only setting that carries back over to disc mode from all-metal (per tech at Fisher)

I am not a relic hunter but Wolf you made a interesting comment, on the threshold carrying over to the disc side. I hunt pretty much in disc for coins and always looking for something that may improve on my finds.

I am wondering if threshold setting is actually working in the disc mode or maybe just in the pinpoint all metal mode?

If you have any more details, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
The Wolf said:

I am not a relic hunter but Wolf you made a interesting comment, on the threshold carrying over to the disc side. I hunt pretty much in disc for coins and always looking for something that may improve on my finds.

I am wondering if threshold setting is actually working in the disc mode or maybe just in the pinpoint all metal mode?

If you have any more details, I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,

Ron in WV

Hey Ron, sent you a PM

going field hunting. what would you set it for? I am going to use the Tornado coil on my f75. The tornado coil (On etrac) has pulled my best finds ever this year. An 1822 half and a 14K gold ring 10 grams. Also found a 18884 dog tax tag and sold it on ebay for 50.00. That tornado has paid for itself twice over this year. Found a 1901 Indian in a yard that has been pounded over and over. Think the F75 will be better for field hunting than the e-trac.

NYRaider said:
I'm new to the f75 ltd, I have a CZ6a and got very use to it.
I was wondering what settings I might try to use for Civil War Relics around Culpeper VA. I do have a sef 11 inch coil I was thinking of using.
Any ideas? Thanks

In hot soil you can forget about BP process---coil will be shut down. 5 bar soil ore higher....
Better to use JE or DE processes.

And you had better overlap your sweeps a great deal. Reason: Coil hot spot is real small.

Even hunting in milder 4 bar ground and using BP process with stock coil----coil hot spot on medium to higher depth targets-------about the size of a golf ball. In 4 bar soil switching to JE or DE process the coil's hot spot is bigger but with those 2 processes in 4 bar ground you will lose some depth.

Coil swing speed is also more sensitive. Even in 4 bar ground running BP process--many times on a too fast a sweep you may get a questionable tone---resweep and the tone will be better.

In the hot stuff---it goes without saying AM is where you will get your best depth.

In 5 bar soil---a 3 ringer bullet may only be recognizable tonal wise as a nonferrous to around 6".