Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 settings for the Beach

Ground balance in manual a must and run as high as you can on sens in JE Mode without getting a lot of feedback noise. Two tones works better too.

With my regular F 75 I stayed in de mode usually or all metal. In the dry sand you will have little or no problem. Over wet sand, as Elton said, manual gb is the only way you can gb it. On the Ga coast my gb was usually around 9-16 in the wet sand. Good luck. HH jim tn

Dry or wet sand hunting?

Here is an older post by Tinfoil on hunting salt water beaches and handling wet areas:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,617795,618873#msg-618873 Tinfoil did some other posts on set up that I am not finding right now.

markg posted some video a while back and he talks through some settings as he demonstrates the detector response on the video.

Set up is a bit different over wet salt and black sand areas than it is most other places; that is why Mark is asking wet or dry. Ground balance is critical over the wet salt sand areas, like Elton indicates. It can be in the single digits and many of the east coast beaches I've hunted are in the 0 to 1 range where you need to be on the correct click and checking GB frequently. (5 clicks for each number, e.g. 0 has 5 clicks before you get to 1, then 5 clicks more until you get to 2). The F75 manual explains it well.

I prefer the 10 inch concentric coil for the wet salt sand areas, although the 11 inch DD (standard coil) works well.

Let us know a little more about your hunting conditions.