Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Software Version

adespin

Does anybody know what years the various sortware versions were introduced, i'm asking because i bought my F75LTD SE new two weeks ago and it's on version 8.0 when doing factory reset, not 9.0. Didn't know about the imminent upgraded model. I'm in the UK.

caveat emptor, you should return it and ask for the 'new' version when it arrives there....

on a reset with the 'new' version you can choose 9.0 or 9.1 (with DST)...

good luck

Can the older LTD SE model get a software upgrade?

According to fisher, The upgrade plan will be announced very soon Until then, nobody knows for sure what will be offered.

If you are in the UK, Joan Allen are the distributors and they will,have details as soon as they are released.

adespin said:
Does anybody know what years the various sortware versions were introduced, i'm asking because i bought my F75LTD SE new two weeks ago and it's on version 8.0 when doing factory reset, not 9.0. Didn't know about the imminent upgraded model. I'm in the UK.

So does anybody have the answer, what are the different software versions and when were they released ?.

8.0 was the current version prior to the shipping of the new series which have DST and tge FA mode. These detectors are swswitchable on restart between 9.0 and 9.1 software. Very few have reached users yet. Their boxes clearly identify the new features. An upgrade program has been promised and should be announced VERY soon.

I have two of the standard F75's and I would like to upgrade them both. I know they said October would be the info release on the upgrades but October is soon behind us and still no word. This is the time of the year when I do most of my relic hunting...it will be nice to hear something from Fisher soon.

LittleJohn

Just tried to fill in the upgrade form on the upgrade web site, unfortunately it does not cater for anyone outside of Canada or USA. Unless you use either one of those return address options you cannot proceed any further. Come on Fisher, get your act together !!

Do I understand this right?
For $99 you get a transferrable 3 year warranty? What if you still have the 4 or more of the original 5? Do you then have 7+ years of warranty with the last 3 being transferrable. Maybe they alternate years :)

OK - i am not a detecting company executive, nor do I star in one of those cool TV programs, but I am reliably informed that the warranty thing works as follows.

If you buy the 3 year transferable warranty;

1. With no existing warranty you now have a 3 years transferable.
2. With 1 year left, you now have 4 years and all are transferable
3. With 2 years left, you now have 5 years and all are transferable
4. With 4 years left, you now have 7 years and all are transferrable
5. With 4 years and 4 months, you now have 7 years and 4 months and all are transferable

Hope this helps. If you want to be sure, check with Fisher.

Ok----that's for the 75's that's already out there.-----What about if you purchase a new F-75 LTD2?------How does that transferable warranty thing work on them??

D&P-OR said:
Ok----that's for the 75's that's already out there.-----What about if you purchase a new F-75 LTD2?------How does that transferable warranty thing work on them??

Obviously FT must recognize there's an issue with their warranty only applying to the original owner so they are making an exception if you are willing to cough up an additional $99(why don't they just price it at $100). Regardless , it shows little self confidence in the durabiltyof their units. The policy most likely is the result of having most of their revenue being generated from less expensive introductory models that are basically throw away detectors.

It would make so much more sense from a PR/competitive stand point to make all warranties on upper end Fisher and Teknetics models transferrable from the start

sprchng said:
It would make so much more sense from a PR/competitive stand point to make all warranties on upper end Fisher and Teknetics models transferrable from the start

I'm sure they are heading that way but don't be upset when the price goes up $100 per unit to cover the extra warranty support. They will be more in line with other manufactures top end prices.

We could handle that what with a 5 yr. warranty.-----You would have to add another hat to your avatar!:)
detectingMO said:
sprchng said:

I'm sure they are heading that way but don't be upset when the price goes up $100 per unit to cover the extra warranty support. They will be more in line with other manufactures top end prices.

D&P-OR said:
We could handle that what with a 5 yr. warranty.-----You would have to add another hat to your avatar!:)
I'm actually considering trading both hats for a Fisher if 1) My dealer gets them in stock and 2) I get some more, no bias, reports of experiences with EMI. My biggest problems are buried power and those darn buried dog radio fences. Most of those are in the 7.5-10kHz range and trouble all detectors I have ever used. Some more than others but none able to achieve more than half sensitivity/depth.

Dog fences and electric cattle fences are really powerful EMI emitters. I'll be extremely impressed if the DST mode silences them.