Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 stays

Ronk

After reading alot of posts of newer detectors and watching countless videos I'll just stick with my F75. I've seen too many posts with updates on different models working or not. Which versions are better or worse...Flute tones which I don't like...flimsy lower shafts... Detectors going on and off... Not enough coils and/or small coils...for some models...Beach modes that work poorly on the beach...Balance problems...Poor battery life... Just to name a few. Just different updates and users going back and forth which update messes something up and which ones are worse or best on the same model Just gets too confusing for me. I think I'll just stick with my F75. I don't have any issues that these new fangled machines have after reading about all the complaints with them and in my opinion the F75 is not obsolete or outdated or dated as far as performance. Just because something new hits the market is doesn't mean it's gonna work miracles. So far I havent seen anything new recently that I would give up my F75 for. It works for what I do and never have to worry about what version to update to or if it's gonna work or go back and forth constantly deciding. Fish don't stop striking a lure that's 50 years old just because a new lure hits the market. I have nothing against any brand... I just don't see bells and whistles improving anything or a new sticker or paint job.
Until a whole new technology besides conductivity comes out were stuck.
HH....Ronk

Well said Ronk. The F75 is very user friendly and has about any option that you need when encountering the different hunting conditions. That being said, sometimes when hunting the farm fields with my F75, it seems to lose some depth compared to when i'm hunting in the grass or the woods. Nothing against any other detector and hats off to those that are willing to learn them,but at least for now i'm with you on sticking with the F75. I've always felt that if a person is happy with the type and the quantity that their detector is finding for them, then they truly are enjoying the hobby. Thanks for the nice post.

Well said Ronk. The F75 is very user friendly and has about any option that you need when encountering the different hunting conditions. That being said, sometimes when hunting the farm fields with my F75, it seems to lose some depth compared to when i'm hunting in the grass or the woods. Nothing against any other detector and hats off to those that are willing to learn them,but at least for now i'm with you on sticking with the F75. I've always felt that if a person is happy with the type and the quantity that their detector is finding for them, then they truly are enjoying the hobby. Thanks for the nice post.
The F75 really isnt that hard to use compared to a lot that's out there. U can try several different settings in the time it takes some detectors to even find the right screen where as the F75 it's all on one screen with only 1 knob and a button to program. Cant get any easier than that. I read where some newer machines are way to complicated to use and you
spend more messing with programs and settings that it takes the fun out of everything. Also with a few machines they complain the buttons are either too hard to press or the solid black buttons are hard to see. And some hate the tones of the machine no matter the brand or price. I think the best newer thing that has really helped in recent years is faster processing and iron rejection and or iron ID. I dont screens have improved for better ID but they do better on shallower targets. I like Tones myself and the F75 has just the right amount to get the job done. Perfect? no but they do a great job! Lots of coil choices plus it accepts concentric coils! Most VDI's are very consistent using different size and aftermarket coils where I read recently someone said their smf machine had way different vdi's with each frequency. Like I said... I'm sticking with my F75 because it just plain works!
HH!
Ronk

The only experience I can relate is my Legend is pulling targets my F75 missed. Why? I have no clue. I like my F75 dont get me wrong and it has attributes the Legend does not have, but again I am finding good targets it missed.

The only experience I can relate is my Legend is pulling targets my F75 missed. Why? I have no clue. I like my F75 dont get me wrong and it has attributes the Legend does not have, but again I am finding good targets it missed.
I was mostly referring to how confusing and complicated some newer detectors are. I'm sure most of us at one time have found things other detectors missed but there could be lots of reasons why. I also found things I missed before even with the same detectors. That doesn't mean it's gonna happen all the time. We all learn as we go. Ground conditions change and sweeping from more than 1 direction can make a difference. I'm just saying I personally don't have a reason to change what isn't broken. My F75 will hold its on with what's out there. All the name brands and even some off brands will find coin sized targets within normal depths even most older detectors. How many videos of Real live digs are on YouTube of someone detecting a coin in Dirt Not sand at 12-15 inches? I've never seen one but I sure many posts of those that said they have. Back on subject. I'm happy with my F75 and until a whole new technology comes along that works much better than conductivity alone I'm hanging on to my outdated obsolete F75 that still finds the goods!
HH!
Ronk

I will not argue about what they gave us in the F-75. One of the best balanced and comfortable, easy-to-use detectors we have had. I really liked what I had but recently traded off my as-new, used less than an hour, F-75+ with three brand new coils. Wht? Because right now I am not able to move well and get out hunting.. plus,, I have trimmed my detectors to 8 that fit my needs well.

Hopefully by spring I will be mended and plan to add one new SFM model to my outfit that I hope will be released by then. I know the name planned, and although I do not always rely on a multi-frequency, I am hoping the final tested device will bring us something decent.

Enjoy your F75's.

Monte

I have always felt that the best detector on the market is the one that you are Most comfortable with, are most familiar with, and enjoy most using for the type of detecting that you do. No matter the brand, model, or how many bells and whistles it may or may not have. If it works for you and you are happy with it, this to me is what matters most.

I couldn't agree more with sticking with " Sticking with what works".
I'm still running my F5 after 8 years and it was used when I bought it, no pesky updated, no more learning curves.
Goes back to one of my favorite sayings " Be aware of the the person who owns one rifle" he probably knows how to use it.
If it works don't mess with it.

I have always felt that the best detector on the market is the one that you are Most comfortable with, are most familiar with, and enjoy most using for the type of detecting that you do. No matter the brand, model, or how many bells and whistles it may or may not have. If it works for you and you are happy with it, this to me is what matters most.
Yes, quite true. My two favorite Tesoro's were introduced in October of '97 so I've been using those two models for over 25 years. I had two F-19 Ltd's this time in 2014 but let them go. Missed them and replaced it with a beautiful brand new F-19 Ltd. I evaluated the Makro Racer in January of 2015, and have one in my outfit almost 8 years later. Can't forget the White's XLT. Got my first in June of '94, had a few, and currently have a beautiful XLT 28 years later. The best reason for owning and using these is because they work an work well. The only 'modern' detector I have is the Minelab Vanquish 540, but it is really for specific applications I got it for.

I couldn't agree more with sticking with " Sticking with what works".
I'm still running my F5 after 8 years and it was used when I bought it, no pesky updated, no more learning curves.
Goes back to one of my favorite sayings " Be aware of the the person who owns one rifle" he probably knows how to use it.
If it works don't mess with it.
I have owned hundreds of detectors and liked some, even quite a bit. But of them all one of my favorites that I regret letting go was the Fisher F-5. A lot of direct user adjustments, for both the All Metal and Discriminate modes, and some really good performance for a lot of applications. Good to hear someone bring that model up, and I wish you continued success with the F-5. Sure wish they would repackage the F-5 in the F-75 configuration.

Monte

I don’t know what it is about the F75 but I know that it works. I’m sure it has something to do with the 12” tornado coil,but my F75 has been the only detector that hits on my 8” Minnie’s in my test garden.I try every new detector that I run across and own several other newer units but that’s the one I tend to grab.