Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 tone question

lovepulltabs

Why is it that the 2 tone setting seems to be most preffered? I would think that the more tones you use would be giving more information at least the 4 tone setting. New to this machine but have used the CZ-3D and the Explorer XS. Just curious.

I don't prefer it with my F-70, I coin hunt only and always use 3H or 4H so the high tone tells me that its silver, I tried 2 tone and it blows :surprised: 1 or 2 tone works if you dig all signals or if you stare at the screen all the time. HH :detecting:

I mostly run 2 tone .I hunt older sites with not a lot of modern trash so it old nails or something to dig '
If you can hear 4 tone why would you stare at the screen in 2 tone .And 1 tone in a quiet field

Well for one thing I have never have found a site that didn't have a lot of trash, its been that way since I started detecting in 1976, all old home sites around here are still occupied. every time I try 2 tone the only thing I find is aluminum shards and junk, that's why I use a CZ-70
most of the time. I will say that this is the way it is in my area or ground. HH:detecting:

Cache Man do you use the DD coil on the F70 . I ask because i have a CZ 70 its fun and easy and Waterproof
But my first choice is the F75 DD coil If thy made DD coils for the CZ line it would still equal the rest HH Mike

Yes I have the DD coil, I have had it and the F-70 almost 11.5 months and I do like the DD coil, I wish the CZ had one, I don't care for the stock F-70 coil the pin point center changes with depth, with the DD coil I can pin point so precise at depth I can touch what I am pin pointing with a brass probe. The only problem is the F-70 doesn't lock onto Coins at all however it does lock onto junk real well also it will lock onto and hit hard on new zinc pennies but I don't dig junk, I am not a tot-lotter I search for Silver and gold if it comes along. Another
thing the F-70 locks onto and hits hard is gold rings I found one while coin shooting. I think the new F-75 coming out in April will be better for identifying coins than any previous F-70-F75 with the new DSP on my Garrett 2500 the DSP is a chip to help Identify Coins under the coil and I figure it will do the same for the New F-75. HH :detecting:

Relic hunters like it because they dig everything above iron anyway, so as long as you get a high zip that audios good, we will dig it. The multitone setting is too busy for me, and I really dont care where a signal is reading as long as it sounds good, if I am on relic site. Coin hunters would tend like the 3 and 4 tone modes more. I dont really hunt city parks, but I have to agree, two tone would not be what I would use in that case.

Hey Gmanlight, Not trying to be smart or anything, but the CZ-70Pro is NOT WATERPROOF, it is WEATHERPROOF!! There is a difference, in case you
didn't know!! Hope this helps, Les Robinson

NamVetLesTreasureSeeker said:
Hey Gmanlight, Not trying to be smart or anything, but the CZ-70Pro is NOT WATERPROOF, it is WEATHERPROOF!! There is a difference, in case you
didn't know!! Hope this helps, Les Robinson

If you want to get technical, it's not submersible, but it's waterproof to the extent that you can hunt in a heavy downpour without worrying about the CZ70 (I've done it). They advertised it as:

Splashproof, Rainproof, Dustproof: The control
housing is sealed and the battery compartments
have their own gaskets. The search coil is
submersible. The cable connector and
headphone jack (when the phone plug is
inserted) are splashproof. The CZ-70 Pro is not
submersible, but rain and dust are no problem,
and the speaker is splashproof.

I love my CZ70, there's times I prefer to use it over my F75 LTD, it's one of the best machines I've ever used :thumbup:

I wish someone told me before that dive on the Atocha.:confused:
Thanks Les .One misplaced word around here can spell all kinds of grief.