Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 upgrade.....I'm on the fence. Would love to hear from seasoned F75 users on their opinions.

The Wolf

In a nut-shell. I believe Fisher has figured out and addressed the new issues with the upgrade. Now is the decision if I want to send my F75SE in for the service or leave it alone. I can hunt with this thing almost wide open with my normal settings at 90 sens, 5 disc, 2 tones, Notch 1, BP mode with no issues other than when I get directly under a power line. It took me years to figure out how to listen through the chatter, but now I speak it's language and can hang with the best of them. I went yesterday and dug 18 CW bullets and 2 buttons with it, some of which were at incredible depths. Point is, I love the machine the way it is, but the techy inside me wants the latest-greatest updates & technology.

So should I send it in for the upgrade, or leave well-enough alone???

I'd love to hear from experienced, well seasoned F75 users that opted for the upgrade.

Thanks all.

HH

I had one of the original f75's (Still have it in fact), and one of the very first Camo LTD's. (this is the one I had upgraded) I too had used it so much the chatter and/or noise didn't bother me, and I was very happy with the LTD's performance. My first thought was why tinker with a successful machine. Now that I have gotten the upgrade, I am even happier with the machine, and do not regret it one bit. I do still have an unmodified LTD, and it will stay that way, but my go to machine now is the LTD2. I love the new FA process, and having the ability to decrease iron sounds while still in a 2F like tone mode is very very nice. Much easier on the ears and the batteries. The machine overall seems to be quite a bit more stable as well, with much less ground noise/chatter. For the paltry 150 bucks for the upgrade I think its a no brainer. They do a very good job of going thru the machine to address/correct any problem areas as well as performing the upgrade. My machine is now literally brand new, and let me tell you it was used HARD.
Just my opinion.................but I think it would be a missed opportunity to not take advantage of the upgrade while they are still doing it. Its my understanding that they wont be doing it much longer....so I'd jump on that wagon while you still can.

Mine was dropped at Fed Ex this morning to be upgraded. And don't forget about extended warranty offers.

I sent my 2007 F75se in for the $309 upgrade. Adds three processes (FA, bP & CL) and several additional tone options.

Have not had a chance to hunt with it (single digit night temps & snow). But I have played in the driveway and over my frozen test garden. Even with 4" of snow I hit the 8" deep copper Cent in the default mode. Jewelry and boost got me the 12" deep one oz. musketball.

MUCH quieter. The Jewelry mode used to be jumpy outdoors and I can now run it silently - even in the house! That wasn't possible at all before. Even with low sensitivity in dE it was jittery indoors.

Air tests - which I don't put much stock in - show that with the 6.5" Concentric (elliptical) coil I get repeateable and solid hits at 11" in the Jewelry mode . . . on a nickel! I'm looking forward to getting that coil over a trashy town park that has yielded Barbers in the past.

What I got back, by the way, was a completely new control head/trigger and handgrip assembly and, I believe, a new lower unit. The 11" DD coil that I sent had been opened and resealed. Since it is a new head I am happy I added a one-year "extension" to my expired warranty. Just in case.

My nand grip had seen better days and the display head showed seven years of dirt play - so I don't know if they all get that or they just took pity on me - or didn't want to work on something that sketchy.