Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 upgrade what I really would like to see

ramer

I was excited hearing that the F75 could be upgraded. But what I was hoping for was an upgrade to give the All Metal mode a multi-tone capability. Alas, no such upgrade is in the works.
I mainly use the All Metal mode when in the woods searching old cellar holes etc. Since there are no tones to tell me what the detecting is seeing in All Metal mode I have to keep my eyes
constantly on the screen instead of watching where I am walking resulting in several mishaps from hidden roots, rocks, etc, tripping me up.
Two weeks ago, on the Relic Roundup internet radio show, a representative from Fisher was on describing what the upgrades were all about. But what he also indicated was that he wished
there was a multi-tone mode in All Metal mode for the F75 and even discussed with other Fisher engineers what it might take to do such an upgrade. But he said likely there will be no such
upgrade since it would take a major re-work of the control box.
As regards the upgrades, I am still pondering if I should get the upgrades or just put the money towards buying a different detector and use the F75se and a backup. Don't get me wrong, I
love the F75se, it is a roaring sports car that you have to learn to control and tame and it will do amazing things for you. But as usual, most of us are always wondering what new and marvelous
machines are just around the corner and are affordable of course without having to mortgage the house.

Regards

What ever you decide ( Everyone) hope it proves to be just what your hoping for in it's abilities..

i am not sure if theres any rigs that run multiple tones in AM?....But,

Cant a fellow just set disc at 1, no notch, and basically be hunting in AM with the multi tones enabled? Thats what I do anyway, low disc and multi tones...after hunting in AM for nearly a year and experiencing the frustration of looking at the screen, its a lot faster and more comfortable...or am I missing something important about running/hunting in AM?:shrug: I do however use AM to ground balance, which I seldom do anyway...
Mud

Just a thought, if they added tones to the All metal mode wouldn't it then be somewhat of a disc mode? I would say the reason they wouldn't do tones in all metal, is because when running all metal I would think you would be looking for all metals.

If I was hunting like you are I think I would try to use the CL or the BP processor on the disc side with disc set at 0 and run what ever tones you like, 3, 3H, 4, 4H or DP. I don't think you would miss a thing. Either CL or the BP would blow right through cellar walls.

Ron in WV

Thanks for all the replies. I have two Bounty Hunters and a Minelab Xterra 50 and both have mult-tones in all metal. But then again, these are not top of the line machines.
Others have suggested in the past to just hunt in the Disc mode and turn disc all the way to zero and that would essentially be hunting in AM. But then others have said that hunting
in Disc mode with disc to zero still doesn't go as deep as hunting in AM mode. Someday I'll make a test bed and try it out. But I live in a second floor apartment, so I'll have to make
a test bed in someone else's yard.
I am happy with the F75se, been using it for 3 years, almost 4 years actually, so I am used to this beast and with the proper magic words and a few prayers, I can get it to work wonders. And yes, usually in AM mode most people dig all metals, but being almost 69 years old, my tired old back is insisting that I only dig what appears to be "interesting" targets out in the woods. Back in 1975 when I was a "tad" younger and using the Whites Coin Master, essentially a "beep and dig" machine, yes indeed, I dug everything, including the top of a friends septic tank. We still laugh about
that today. I was in his yard and he and his wife looking over my shoulder kept encouraging me to keep digging, so I did. Now he knows for sure where it is. But it wasn't a total loss, because today, he and his wife are active and avid detectorists.
Hey, if anyone out there has multi-tones in AM on their high end machines, post a reply and let us know what kind it is.

Thanks

It would be nice a multi tone AM. I will use all metal sometimes to hunt but in a less trashy area usually. More times then not I'm like Mud, low Disc, no notch and multi tone ( 3 usually ) and will use AM to check a target for iron or a fringe depth target.

For us that still use the standard F75 the upgrade is a chance at the BP feature with the perk of some relief from EMI Troubles without buying a new machine. So I can easily live ( with my hunting style) without a multi tone AM option, but truely see your reasoning for wanting it.

Lakota

What is wrong with switching to disc from am to check? The F75se is a very deep detector when set right and with the proper coil (not many improper one actually, but you know what I mean).
If you really want a different machine how about a CZ? They are killer deep and hunting in disc 0 gives you AM depth according to a lot of guys, but switching from AM to Disc is one click over if you want to hunt AM.
HH!

Yes, I often switch from AM to Disc to check on the target. And in BP mode it's even better. Gains a few extra inches and brings the target into view so to speak. What was sounding weak and a not too sure tone sometimes comes into perfect "view" in BP mode. I don't always hunt in BP mode because it's just too sensitive in trashy areas, but in the woods I almost always have it on. After pinpointing a target in Disc mode, what sounded like silver will no longer sound that way if the target is a piece of iron....usually that is. Also, as I pinpoint I keep an eye on the FE indicator, if the tone sounds like silver but the FE is high then it is usually not a coin or silver but some piece of ferrous metal like a bottle cap. I have come to rely on the FE indicator quite a bit.

The XTerra and any other machine that has multiple tones are not true all metal.True all metal has no signal processing or filtering thus having more depth.