Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 upgrade yes or no :shrug:

gmanlight

Had the first F75 then Boost model . Very happy with it. Hunt most in Disc Boost mode relic and coin hunting. I it worth the jump
Have tried to read all info out there . With bad first run hard to track every ones thoughts. Thanks Mike

My last boost camo LTD always had some amounts of emi chatter. Most spots, nothing I couldn't work with. A few others, it was near useless. The one I have now verses the older one I had runs so much more quiet, that that alone will give me more depth as I won't have to work through the chatter. Only time will till for sure, but looking good thus far. HH jim tn

well nows the time if your going too, sounds like they got the bugs fixed sent mine off yesterday. hey jim dont see ya here on the fisher forum much is that atpro that much better than your f75 happy trails

Mine came back last Fri. Took it hunting on Sat.
Ran mine wide open in a CW site I've ran Deus, white's V3i, and Nokta FORS CoRe units. My unit wide open in disc, running 0 disc, sens 99, Bp process. Quietest machine to date. And the others couldn't be run wide open and still were noisier. In 4 bar ground dug several Cw relics at garrett pinpointer lenght plus/minus 1/2 inch with a couple deeper. Area already pounded hard by Deus with 11" coil. I wouldn't hesitate to send another unit in if I had one that needed it. And before this upgrade I considered my unit a POS (too noisy period in all sites I tried). Unit actually stood in a corner for almost 2 years. Not anymore-will be my #1 machine for relic hunting. And I have the following machines: 2-Deus 9/11" coils, CTX, V3i, Nokta FORS CoRe. And remember this decision is based off of just one hunt with upgraded F75 machine!!!!!!

And my machine is a Jan revision, seems to airtest a dime around 13" in disc Bp, in AM a nickel seems solid around 17.5 inches. These were not precisely measured test, more just holding the machine up and looking on the rod for depth's correspondence. Checked the spots on the shaft with ruler. And my estimated distances are from the top of coil, not the bottom.

I can tell you this. I bought 2 new ones in Jan. they were both 12/14 models. I had the camo version. It was abit noisy but very deep. I realized as soon as I got my new one that it seem to lack depth in AM mode. Which is what I hunt in unless a site is extremely trashy. I called Juan and he said send them back to see if they had the latest software. In the meantime my buddy had sent his in for a upgrade and was expecting it back last Friday so I decided to wait and compare mine to his because I knew his would have the latest software. He brought it over yesterday and to make a long story short our detectors performed exactly the same. We air tested them 0 disc 99 sens BP mode on Disc and AM using a clad quarter. We were getting a solid signal at about 12-13" in Disc and 13" in AM. So today I hunted w a friend that has a 2 yr old non upgraded F75 ltd. Same setting he was getting 12-13" in Disc and a solid 16" in AM.
So you ask if you need to upgrade. If you hunt in Disc mode you have nothing to lose. Machine is super quite love that. I can hunt under power lines on 95 sens w very very little chatter. But if you hunt in AM like I do you can get ready to lose depth. I hate it so bad because I hunt mostly woods and field and EMI is hardly ever a issue. If I could do it over again I would keep my Camo version. Just my finding from the test that we did.

As mentioned ez, haven't had a Fisher detector for a while. The A T Pro, however, is a awfully good detector. HH jim tn

I sent mine off from the uk so had additional costs of 130 dollars postage...january model...Deffo a lot quieter in disc tho i mainly use all metal i was dissapointed as this is lame now...If u use disc go for it, if u want AM then leave alone...Really cant understand why people getting such different results in AM.

Ste

My son has a AT Pro and it was hitting the quarter at 11". The best detector you can buy for the money IMHO.

jim tn said:
As mentioned ez, haven't had a Fisher detector for a while. The A T Pro, however, is a awfully good detector. HH jim tn

Well they got mine back for now the 3rd time last Thursday. Got a call today to say they tested unit in the field and was fine, i told him it was sent in to check my Am mode depth issue and told him that Juan said it's probably the circuit board and he acted like he wasn't aware of that being a cause, now i'm worried. Told him to call me before shipping back to me so i can find out what they did to correct this problem. My first upgrade was the 11/14, then sent back in and got the 1/15. Do i think they have the bugs worked out. They have mine for the 3rd time now, 2nd for the AM depth issues so i think you know how i feel. If your happy with it PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE.:thumbdown:

Mine was a 2007 model - chittery but the only detector I use (I have a seldom used Minelab Advantage as back-up) and it was well used. I just got used to knowing the falses from solid hits. Went for the full $309 upgrade.

BIG difference in operation. I like smaller coils for trashy parks and with the 6.5" Concentric I deeper. Definately so in believe I am deeper. Definately so in boost (which is all new to me).

Experimenting around in All Metal the little 6.5" coil hits a pistol (air test) at 22". A nickel & quarter at 12" very solid.

In DISC, Disc 8, 1n, Sens 98 and bP process I get a nickel & quarter at 11". Probably still dig deeper as I get good tones in one direction a little further out (or if I move my hand VERY fast).

Problem is I have no "before" air tests to compare to. Couldn't use the detector indoors at all before, and my test garden is under two feet of snow in the front yard.

Ordered an NEL Sharpshooter DD coil (9.5" x 5.5") and I'm looking forward to playing with that this spring.

So far I'd say the upgrade was worth it. Will not be able to tell until I re-hit a few places and see if I find anything deeper or in trash. The FA mode and smaller DD coil may be the ticket in old but trashy town parks. I have a particular town park in mind that occasionally releases a Barber to me.

gmanlight said:
Had the first F75 then Boost model . Very happy with it. Hunt most in Disc Boost mode relic and coin hunting. I it worth the jump
Have tried to read all info out there . With bad first run hard to track every ones thoughts. Thanks Mike

Hey MIke why not.???.With a couple of price options for no more than a few hundred you can have a like new machine.... with a warranty.. plus it adds to the resale value should you decide to sell or trade..

Mine is a 12/14 and I couldn't be happier with the upgrade. I was going to art with it before the upgrade but not now. I really like Fast Audio.