Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 vs equinox 800

Personally, I can't believe you can possibly compare the two unless you're just F75 bias. The Equinox 800 beats the F75 in every hunting situation and only comes close when relic hunting.

Lots of guys tend to gravitate to whatever the rave is,and there’s nothing wrong with that.. I like Minelab,whites,fishers and Xp machines, no favoritism. But to say there’s no comparison between the f75 and the equinox because you think the equinox is superior is just plain old opinion. And nothing wrong with that,as long as it’s not insinuated as a fact.All machines are good,and it’s all just for fun,not sure but im guessing nobody is making a living off they’re finds here.
Optimistically looking at this,if your machine unmasks pennies better than mine that’s ok too,cause while your digging super masked pennies I’m 20 feet ahead of you digging a perfect signal that turns out to be a seated dime.lol.

I’d bet if you put a dude with 1000 hours on an Equinox and a dude with 1000 hours on an F75, together in a site, compared signals that shows a clear winner between the machines would be minimal and would probably go either way in certain situations. Both flagship machines, both perform as such. F75 is an old design, so is DEUS. NOX is new, so is Joe Biden as president and COVID. New don’t always look good to everyone but it works for some. I drive a 92 Chevy. It’s beautiful. See what I’m saying.

I've had my 800 for nearly 3 years. My experience with it has shown it to be excellent detector especially at finding good targets co-located with bad. It separates well and target ID's deep. I would go so far to say that it's my favorite detector I've used in the many years I've been detecting. It is a detector I don't hesitate to recommend others try and see how it works in the places they hunt.

That said - I've never used an F75 (there are many versions) of any sort, so I can't offer a comparison. I have followed the forums and posts for a long time, enough to know that many users of the various versions of the F75 have the same experience with their detectors as I have had with my 800. So, what do you do?

You can start off doing some research and asking yourself some questions based on what you find. Which will suit you the best? Which will work best in the areas that you hunt? I can't say. I don't know that anybody else can either. Local ground conditions can make a huge difference in the performance of a detector. Low mineral? High mineral? Low trash? High trash? Salt water beaches? Will you be hunting in or near water? Would you like to try hunting in or near water? All of these things matter.

What type of hunting are you wanting to do? Coin shooting? Relic Hunting? Beach combing? Read the forums and posts of those you think hunt similar to what you wish to do. See what equipment is being used. If you see a detector with a high percentage of posts looking for help on how to set the thing up properly know that you are going to have to take time to learn how to set it up RIGHT. Are you ok with that? Or are you more of a turn-in-on-and-get-down-to-hunting person? Too many settings or modes cause confusion for some. For others it is Nirvana, a wish come true. Do you see a high percentage of success? Frustration?

what about the physical package of the detector? The F75 has arguably THE BEST ergonomics out there. (comfortable to grip and swing, easy controls / interface) How do you feel about recharging a detector vs dumping out old AA's and replacing them with new? Wireless headphones vs corded? And on and on. Little nuisances can become bigger over time. You'll also adapt to some things as you become accustomed to their operation.

I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying here. It's good to ask what you should consider in selecting your detector. It's harder to ask us which detector YOU will like and do the best with out in the field.

Good luck in your considerations,

Rich -

I’d bet if you put a dude with 1000 hours on an Equinox and a dude with 1000 hours on an F75, together in a site, compared signals that shows a clear winner between the machines would be minimal and would probably go either way in certain situations. Both flagship machines, both perform as such. F75 is an old design, so is DEUS. NOX is new, so is Joe Biden as president and COVID. New don’t always look good to everyone but it works for some. I drive a 92 Chevy. It’s beautiful. See what I’m saying.

I may show some video soon comparing F75 Non dst vs Equinox 800.
One way to maybe tell which is better. There is a forum called D.... D....
And the owner there don’t even talk about F75 anymore.
He may answer a question there for someone, but he sure ain’t on the F75 bandwagon anymore it seems.

I know I did some freshly buried tests comparing EQX 800 and my F75 few months ago for a project I was doing involving another model detector, EQX dominated.
I try to call balls balls and strikes strikes.
Like I said in above post, the EQX is one deep VLF on a small ladies gold ring. Even at Sens level 20 too.

Yeah relic hunting in and near iron, go ahead and use that F75. Then tell you bud Eqx owner where you used your F75. And watch what happens.
How does this sound?
I compared a Deus LF Coil. To EQX located targets. No dice on a lot of them. It took a Deus hf Coil to alert on many. So if a Deus LF Coil won’t alert on, fat chance of F75 alerting on. And these targets, not overly deep either. And this exercise was done on 3 different days (same site) and same results gotten each day.
And 9” and 11” LF Xp Deus Coils were used to try and locate the Eqx located targets.

PS.
This site had seen loads of action by me using Deus and LF coils previously.
And a lot of nonferrous still in site- courtesy of EQX.

Last edited:
I can bury a silver dime at a mere 3 or 4” deep. And move a nail around above the plane of dime And do experiments using F75, Deus and EQX 800. F75 will fail lots of times EQX and Deus with LF and Hf coils will PASS!!
Real simple.
CW relics could be walked right by using F75, and some of these relics Eqx and Deus make it look so easy.
This is not to imply Deus and EQX can find everything masked.

I hunted a CW site some years ago that had seen loads of F75 action and even loads of action by even older model detectors going back to 1975. The gentsthat hunter the site were ver very experienced detectorist. And had been pounding it on and off since 1975.
I told one of the gents inwas going down there and use Deus (had LF coils).
I found over 100 nonferrous targets.
I told the gent and he was surprised.
What did I notice about my finds?
Where I found the most was where the field had the most iron density.
Coincidence?
Don’t think so.
Found very little in cleaner ground.
Low ground mineralization too based on F75’s meter.
Used F75 in site.
Found only 2 finds. And these found in cleaner part of field.
One was deep too.
Naturally this was before Eqx released.
And I was using a dSt version F75 too. It ran real quiet too.

One last thing here. I highly suspect EQX does better job in ground that is more wet vs dry. Compare to lot of single freq detectors.
Why do I say this?
Believe it or not, F75 meter showing ground mineralization I believe is in error when gauging wetter ground. This error I think actually parallels F75 performance (depth) over the wetter ground. Meaning more bars over wetter ground even though ground when dry shows fewer bars. I don’t know if this what I have seen is specific to the soil in my area.
I may be able to show this in a video if I get time.

Last edited:
TN,you put alot of effort into your tests,and I commend you for that. I will tell you something about in field hunting.I took the equinox to multiple spots I've thoroughly covered with the f75. I'm talking medium sized yards. I did find one Merc that I missed with the f75, but that wasn't enough to put one machine over.
Everyone has a opinion on what they like,and what they hunt.i recently bought another 600 just to have cause I think it is a good machine.So no bias coming from me.
I know you have used the f75, but I see alot of comments from guys that haven't,on alot of threads. Always been like that. I have made my best and deepest finds with the f75,stock coil and no misunderstanding about what was under my coil.I never dig blind with the f75 because the ID in my ground is as good at 6 inches as it is at 10. Not sure why but it just is,locks on solid to deep coins.
Now, the equinox is a good unmasker too, and has some fun features that the f75 don't. But I have alot of time on the f75,and I highly doubt anyone with any machine is gonna walk behind me and fill your pouch.Just not gonna happen unless your filling your pouch with junk targets.
Is the F75 the best machine out there? Nope,but it sure does everything I want a machine to do

Don't get me wrong I mean no disrespect for the F75. As a retired guy with over 40 years in computers/networking, I know the advantages of a fast processor on detectors. I'm sure the NOX processor is much faster than the older F75's. While faster doesn't always equal better, but in most cases it does. The faster a processor can process the software that determines minerals from deep solids, the better it will perform in tough conditions. And let's face it, us old hunters know the value of being able to pull the goods out of a great site with poor conditions. Plus the weight difference is a win win situation for me.

No one has mentioned the fact that just a simple change in the angle or speed can make or miss a target. I’ve never seen a video where one guy with X detector covers a course and a second guy with Y detector covers the same course, step for step, angle for angle, sweep speed for sweep speed.