Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 vs equinox 800

grumpyaz

Im sure this is not a new question but im not really good at finding thing of the past on this thing so ill ask for a brief if i may on it
I am wondering how the F75 and the new minelab 800 eqnox compare?? Knowing myself and changing detectors for a try once in a while in the past
I figure someone can help. I been running the f 75s for the past dozen years plus but i still like to window shop information.
Thanks Grumpy

There are quite a few "equinox v f75" videos out there to give you a bit of an idea but a lot of views and opinions will contain a little bias towards one machine or the other.Both these machines are top notch performers in the hands of somebody who has experience with them and over a seasons detecting both will find a lot of good targets.I would say the nox may have slight advantages in certain situations due to the fact it is a much newer model with newer technology,but i bet if you took both to a site and compared signals with both machines neither machine would have a distinct advantage over the other......i've yet to see a new machine come onto the market that blows another machine away in terms of finds rates.
The nox is probably a more accomplished alrounder as it is good on the beach but if you are not a beach hunter that is irrelevant.One thing i don't like about the nox and many of the newer machines is the built in battery which to me is a backward step,i just can't get my head around that idea.
Will the nox make a vast difference to the amount you find.......probably not in reality but it may help out in certain situations.

Im sure this is not a new question but im not really good at finding thing of the past on this thing so ill ask for a brief if i may on it
I am wondering how the F75 and the new minelab 800 eqnox compare?? Knowing myself and changing detectors for a try once in a while in the past
I figure someone can help. I been running the f 75s for the past dozen years plus but i still like to window shop information.
Thanks Grumpy
I have the 600 and the f75 both are good but I think the f75 will do better on coins and is not as hard to set up. My f75 and I use a 10 inch concentric coil. 3 trips to a school I picked up over 35 dollars.

When I was researching stepping up from the F5 the F75 and Nox800 were the final contestants. It seemed both were fairly even steven in the reviews (if you could find a neutral party to post a review). The only reason I went for the F75 was Made in America.

Over the past 2+ years I've hunted with two buddies that have the Nox 800. One is just learning his and the other went from a F 75. In comparing numerous targets over time, they found nothing that I and my F 75 couldn't hear, or called it trash when it wasn't. And, vise versa. The one that went from the F 75, though, did up his game, so to speak, on his silver coin intake, where as before I typically found more silver and coins in general then he did. In doing so, he ended up digging more trash, however. On deeper coins, the Nox did seem to I d them more accurately, though.

Admittedly, I've been temped to try one at various times, but the F 75 remains a solid performer in my ground, so I haven't yet taken the leap. HH Jim tn

Over the past 2+ years I've hunted with two buddies that have the Nox 800. One is just learning his and the other went from a F 75. In comparing numerous targets over time, they found nothing that I and my F 75 couldn't hear, or called it trash when it wasn't. And, vise versa. The one that went from the F 75, though, did up his game, so to speak, on his silver coin intake, where as before I typically found more silver and coins in general then he did. In doing so, he ended up digging more trash, however. On deeper coins, the Nox did seem to I d them more accurately, though.

Admittedly, I've been temped to try one at various times, but the F 75 remains a solid performer in my ground, so I haven't yet taken the leap. HH Jim tn
An equal size coil may be all it takes to brighten up them deep coins. I put a Superfly on my t2se and in BP it will get all the coins in my test garden as good or better than the Nox 600. With the F75 you get tone options with BP so it’s be pretty equal I bet.

An equal size coil may be all it takes to brighten up them deep coins. I put a Superfly on my t2se and in BP it will get all the coins in my test garden as good or better than the Nox 600. With the F75 you get tone options with BP so it’s be pretty equal I bet.
I could never hunt in bp mode. Slower mode and less separation. I tried all of the aftermarket coils. Ultimate coil and tornado helped alot for depth. The stock coil was awesome though. 22 brass at 8" . The engineer that designed whites MXT which I loved also designed the f-75. My opinion the f-75 is better. The T2se is another favorite. If nothing else the balance and comfort of swinging and battery life alone makes one worth having.

I could never hunt in bp mode. Slower mode and less separation. I tried all of the aftermarket coils. Ultimate coil and tornado helped alot for depth. The stock coil was awesome though. 22 brass at 8" . The engineer that designed whites MXT which I loved also designed the f-75. My opinion the f-75 is better. The T2se is another favorite. If nothing else the balance and comfort of swinging and battery life alone makes one worth having.
Bill, in our area, BP is a godsend in the woods. I would have walked over a good percentage of my relics from down here had I not had the depth of BP. In Iowa I NEVER used it. It is very tough around a lot of trash but does ok in slight iron.

I've owned both. Still have the Nox 800. F-75 was my favorite for years but it's technology is old. F-75 swings great and very well balanced. I may pick up another F-75 to hold onto.
Bill, in our area, BP is a godsend in the woods. I would have walked over a good percentage of my relics from down here had I not had the depth of BP. In Iowa I NEVER used it. It is very tough around a lot of trash but does ok in slight iron.
Yes exactly why I may grab another one just to hang on to. That tall grass and ground cover brush the bp mode would work.

I snagged a 26 Merc. this morning running in BP mode. Hit a corner of a park field where the grass was a little taller and heavy/thick and got a sweet mummer repeating from left to right, right to left. Switched over to DE mode and while repeatable, it was little more then a high tone tic. Found the target nearly pin pointer deep in un-moved dirt a half inch or so deeper. On this site, which have given up coins from Cap Busts, half dime and so on, I would have dug the tic (if I had initially heard it), but swinging clad hunting style the tic would have been missed. At least by me, anyway. So, BP does have its place. HH Jim tn

I hear you on missing it. I just bought a new F75+ because they're a fun detector to use and I was missing using one.

No comparison. Eqx800 will run circles.
Remember though stock F75 coil does cause some of the differences in depth.
But even using stock coil on F75 (narrower) it can’t keep up with EQX over most scenarios both in separation and depth.
You add higher minerals soil difference even greater depth wise.
Yeah one would think narrower coil would trump bigger stock coil on EQX. Wrong.
And the same applies to using 11” coil on Xp Deus. Both LF and x35 coils. Or even the 9” round (wider than stock F75ltd coil) on Xp deus (separation and unmasking). Depth here F75 might trump 9” coil.

I have run all.
Still have F75 (original non dst Model ) and EQX800 and Deus.

Does the above mean F75 is terrible detector or one can’t find stuff? Nope.
But younshow me an old site that has been banged only with F75 any series, give me a Deus or EQX and I will go in and find stuff behind F75.

The EQX with stock coil set up right is one deep critter especially on lower conductors- even on a small ladies gold ring. Shockingly deep.

Last edited:
F75 in my ground is deeper than the equinox. Equinox does unmasking a smidge better imo,but stock coil vs stock coil the f75 is definitely deeper than the equinox.Notice I said in my ground,things might swing the other way in your ground. Both good machines,I’d have a hard time picking me over the other,but I’d probably go with the f75 because it just seems to find more..I also have both

Seemingly from what I see written, the Nox does get the nod in more mineralized ground for depth. I love the 3h and 4h tones setup on the F 75 for coin hunting and compared to my buddies I do dig less trash and still get as many and often times more old coins then they do per outing. I have 1-2 bar dirt around here where I mainly hunt. HH Jim tn

I should have posted my question here to jim tn concerning in comparing the Whites MXT Pro to the Fisher F75 Ltd for CW Relic hunting. Any comments would be welcomed to those who use and are familiar with the F75, and hopefully to some that have used and are familiar with both detectors.

Never had a Whites MXT Pro. The F 75 does a very good job as a relic hunter, very good. The Nox however, would have the edge, it seems, in heavy iron and real bad ground. Don't know what the MXT can do with those ground offerings. HH Jim tn

Never had a Whites MXT Pro. The F 75 does a very good job as a relic hunter, very good. The Nox however, would have the edge, it seems, in heavy iron and real bad ground. Don't know what the MXT can do with those ground offerings. HH Jim tn
The next is mostly an older version of the F-75. Same engineer built both. The f-75 is what whites would not allow done . To me the F-75 is like a classic car, less options etc but its what I remember having alot of fun using without a back seat. I also used the MXT and all models after since it first came out. Always felt the F-75 was better. I don't need one but if price is right I'd get another just to have.