Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75+

wildbill!!

Im not new to metal detecting, I've been doing it for years. I currently have a T2+, ATPRO and Equinox 600. I have found lots of relics with all of these machines but I am intrigued by the F75+. It has a lot of features that the T2 doesn't have. I've never used an F75 so I was just wanting some feed back from people who have used one and maybe a comparison to the T2 and Equinox 600. Currently I'm only using the equinox 600 with good results.

I started with an F5 and eventually moved up to an F75. Its a good detector and nails the silver rings and such quite well. The best info I can share with you is look up member Revier on this site, probably the best source of info ever…..
Im currently running the Legend but most likely will bring the F75 back out soon just cuz.

I ran an F752dst with all the upgrades for a bit and found it too sparky to be any fun in my dirt. I usually had to run a 40% or less to control the falsing from EMI and the alkaline dirt here. The tones are very digital and not very intuitive to my ears but probably very similar to what you get with the T2. the boost feature is nice in tall grass or weeds if the EMI is not too bad in the area you are hunting. Resale value is in the toilet , First Texas already did to the Fisher detectors what Minelab did to the Nox 600/800 line. A top flight new one will be hard pressed to get $400 on the used market

I had a couple, a pre and post dst. Great detectors and maybe the best balanced. If I remember right they only had 3 or 4 sensitivity levels with varying levels of silent theashold. <40 <70 <90. So even in the 20s and 30s it would get good depth. I also found discing 19 and below gave me better depth. Well worth owning a used one.

The sensitivity was scalable from 0 to 100% with simple turn of the knob , you may be thinking of the notch feature which was a block of 5 numbers versus single ones which made a disc pattern sort of difficult. 100 point VDI scales was nice as was the all metal side and yes , it was the best balanced and easiest to swing detector I have ever used.(y) Ran for many hours on 4AA batteries . Both of the units I had seemed to be very weakly built around the control box and I was always afraid it could be twisted off rather easily. The foam handle was a joke and decomposed rapidly as well.

I ran an F752dst with all the upgrades for a bit and found it too sparky to be any fun in my dirt. I usually had to run a 40% or less to control the falsing from EMI and the alkaline dirt here. The tones are very digital and not very intuitive to my ears but probably very similar to what you get with the T2. the boost feature is nice in tall grass or weeds if the EMI is not too bad in the area you are hunting. Resale value is in the toilet , First Texas already did to the Fisher detectors what Minelab did to the Nox 600/800 line. A top flight new one will be hard pressed to get $400 on the used market
The F75 is old technology for sure compared to the Minelab and Deus machines, but it seems to work well. I always heard that the only machine deeper for relics than an F75 was a Nautilus DMC2B. The Nautilus is a super old machine from back in the 80's but I've seen guys get 3 ringers at 14 inches with one and a lot of other goodies at great depths that I don't think any new machine would even think about hitting. I'm just wondering if First Texas is ever going to come out with a totally new machine with some totally new technology that will surpass their competitors?

I think the Fisher brand will die and First Texas will keep it's hobby units under the Bounty Hunter name which is probably their cash cow in the detecting world. I would be shocked to see the new Fisher flagship model that has been rumored for the last 6 or 8 years. I think First Texas is satisfied will selling F75 upgrades which is why we see the F75 ltdse2dst. :)It is definitely a depth beast and has that "cache" feature as well if you should have a use for it.

The omega was the same way . The f5 had no need since separate gain and threshold. Old machines still nice. The audio on my f5 is so superior to the new stuff. It is my preference for the new. Ether flutey or digitized .

My fav is the gold bug g2 platform. Nice and simple. Very effective. The 800 I have is nice when I run in gold mode . Abit better audio. Seems to jive. I only hunt old stuff don't do park hunting so that might be a difference... the 800 seems to do better at rhe Beach if using the correct mode. All are nice detectors. Have fun life is short.

I will always keep an F75 in my stable.As a relic Hunter my favorite setup is with the Tornado coil,disc @<6,tone@1,sens @88,de mode.Forget vdi #’s and dig everything that rises above 10.

Used one as my main detector for over 15 years and still is one of the top all time platforms. I'll never have another detector that was as good at sniffing out silver as I had with an F 75! Some didn't like its sparkyness, but when given the time to learn it it was one heck of a coin and relic unit. Light weight and a comfortable swing and having thousands of hours in with them never had anything bust on one. Still a good all around detector. HH jim tn

I got a new F75 last year, and it is not good for my area, i have to much emi, and can't get it to come down even at 40%. I see that it was said they don't sell good. i am going to put mine up before long. no need to have it if i can't use it.

After reading a bunch of Reviers post.
He says to turn it down. Below 50. Even down to 30 he still going deep. He also found most of his gold with an accidental setting. Disc down in the iron.

I got a new F75 last year, and it is not good for my area, i have to much emi, and can't get it to come down even at 40%. I see that it was said they don't sell good. i am going to put mine up before long. no need to have it if i can't use it.
Let me know when. Though may have to wait until after January. Retired. Holidays coming up.

I have pretty high EMI and Frequency Shifting to F1 seems to keep mine nice and quiet.