Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75ltd and G2 users help.....

Ex-Sox

I am trying to decide if the boost mode in the LTD or the G2 is right for me. For those of you who have used both, please chime in. I already have the regular F75 and it does really well in the camps that I hunt but the grass and weeds are gettin a little thick. Really just wondering how the G2 stacks up against the F75 on Civil War relics. Thanks

The G2 and Gold Bug Pro can usually be operated at full gain in an urban environment but I have to keep the T2 reduced to somewhere in the 70-85 range. The G2, with the 11" DD coil, seems to lock on the VDI better on some deeper targets that it will respond to than the T2, however, even though the T2 doesn't lock-on quite as well, the T2 gets better overall depth than the G2 or Gold Bug Pro when they are all using their 11" coils.

I haven't used the F-75 LDT, but I figure that it, or the T2 SE, would be the better units to use if you are using the Boost process and working in taller grasses and weeds.

I know I'll be hunting in taller grass and weeds at some of my favorite ghost towns in a few days. I will be away from the computer after today as I am headed to Idaho and maybe Utah to see my ailing brother, then call on some dealers and work in some detecting time. I'll be back on-line about the 2nd or 3rd. This time of year I know I can expect some taller grasses and brush in those desert town sites. Still, I'll use the smaller coils to work in and around some of the sage brush, but the taller grass will call for the larger coil.

I don't have the T2 SE, but I'll be the standard T2 w/11" DD will work out better for depth than the G2 w/11" DD. I'll know in a couple of weeks, but so far that has been the case from hunting brushy logging towns in the western Oregon coast range. I'll compare the 11" on the G2, but most of the time it will sport the 5" DD and I'll leave the 11' DD on the T2.

Monte

I have both. I MUCH prefer the Teknetics G2. It's a quieter running machine with sufficient depth for all any type hunting. I use mine for Civil War relics and it will lock on bullets and buttons at good depth. I have a Three Ringer buried at 10 1/2 inches and the G2 has no problem picking it up.
I'm a high strug type fellow. All the chatter that comes from the F75 LTD just gets on my nerves and wears me out. It's SO chattery that I sent it to Fisher Labs to have it checked out. When they ship it back, I'm selling that puppy. The G2 has won my heart.

Ex Sox.... The G2/Gold bug pro is a dream to use. GREAT in iron! Holler if you have questions or need pricing info!

I was out in the park hunting with the gb with the 5" coil on it....I love that when it said 87-88 it was always a quarter...and if it said 81-83 it wass usually a dime or copper penny. Every once in a while you gets a penny at 81...but the coins all hit solid and finding them is a piece of cake..I rarely use the p/p mode...
Hoping to remove some targets them start working the pennies and maybe gold targets..

Good question but hard answer...I had the LTD and the boost mode did allow you to lift the coil off the ground in tall grass or weeds. And it did make some of the iffy targets hit with a better tone. But I sold it after I got the G2...I found in my ground the G2 to be a better relic hunter in the Gold Country Of Calif where the gold rush took place. I found the G2 to love round coin targets and with the higher freq it seems to love all shapes. I also found it to do better for me in iron. No programing split the tone and hunt. I also loved it so much I got a second gold bug as a back up. Now I am never with out my relic hunters..

I have a GB SE with the 11"DD and a final 75 LTD proto and have spent a bunch of time with both so maybe I can at least offer an opinion to you. Others have already mentioned some differences and I agree with most of them but ignoring those, the associated emotions, and just focusing on the sheer and simple distance to the target from the coil and target detectability, particularly when having to hold off the ground because of grass etc, the LTD rules. Plain and simple.

I have a GB Pro and F75 Ltd and 90% of my hunting is for CW relics in Central VA, Brad pretty much summed it up, the Ltd in Boost rules in this situation.

Thanks fellas! I appreciate your help. I may just get the LTD.