Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75se upgrade

ramer

Well, I missed the last upgrade session a few years ago. But this time I sent it in. I just got it back a few days ago. New control box, new arm rest padding, and new hand grip padding. I have to tell you that the control box was being held on with duct tape before I sent it in. I tripped in the woods and fell on it knocking it off the shaft. It still worked ok though. They upgraded and repaired my machine, all for 160 dollars and paid for shipping both ways.
It is like a brand new detector and works better than ever. I am fully happy with the way it all turned out.
The customer service at Fisher is second to none. I talked with them on the phone several times. I talked with Juan who is very friendly and knowledgeable. I have never experienced a more customer friendly company like Fisher. Because of this customer relationship, I will always be a Fisher customer.
As far as the success of the upgrade goes, it is more quiet than ever. Yesterday in the woods I was running at 95 sensitivity in Boost Mode and before the upgrade, this would have been impossible because of the chatter. It goes just as deep as ever, and because of the lack of chatter, I feel confident that I'll be able to hear deeper targets.

Well, that's my experience with Fisher and the upgrade.
:clapping:

I agree 100% with your comments on Fisher customer service, sent my f5 in a couple years ago and received the same excellent service.

In 25 years of using Fisher detectors I have never had a problem. Had a Tek Omega a few years that the pin point membrane became defective 5 days before we were going up to Mn. Called F T, sent it to them and had it back fixed the day before we headed out on our trio. Fantastic service, I whole heartedly agree. HH jim tn

They are a great company. I took advantage of the upgrade early last year. The upgrade was well worth the $160.00.

With all the added features and the parts they replaced. It really was like getting a new machine.

Give the FA mode a try. It's killer in iron.

HH
John

Just sent mine in for the upgrade, looking forward to getting it back in a couple weeks

I had the older gold handled F75 and it cost me a bit more to upgrade but I didn't mind. When my F75 starting acting erratic, one of the guys at First Texas came and picked up my detector personally. Yes I live that close. They fixed and replaced the coil even though it was out of warranty. I bought used, and let me tell you don't buy used.

When the detector came back the second time for the upgrade I found a extra long backpack, 2 piece metal shovel, and a cool fisher hat I wear every day. I wish I had sent all three coils in cause they even opened up the coil. For the longest time I was afraid to use the new programs like Boost and FA modes. I now crank the detector up as high as it will let me which is usually 99 all the way on the sens and have opened up some new ground. While I'm not able to dig like I would like, it is every bit as deep as my Buddy's Etrac. It has definitely quieted down.

I get to hunt with the Fisher guys every so often when one or two visits here in town. But I hunt with so many folks its hard to keep up with names. I got to see one of the detectors being field tested before the upgrade and man oh man I was very surprised.

Now I too dropped my detector, over a cliff. It looks rough but Fisher made it like new as far as performance. When Fisher makes a better detector than the F75 I will buy it. I run two totally different detectors. But some days I just want to know what I have in the hole before I dig and I take the F75.

Make sure your not storing it with the battery's in. Don't leave it in your truck on a hot day. Coils will go out of phase so don't beat them too much on rocks. If a blade of grass is setting your detector off, you may have a bad coil.

I don't know if you guys have been able to hunt a lil faster with the upgrade or not. But I seem to cover more ground now.

jd88047 said:
I had the older gold handled F75 and it cost me a bit more to upgrade but I didn't mind. When my F75 starting acting erratic, one of the guys at First Texas came and picked up my detector personally. Yes I live that close. They fixed and replaced the coil even though it was out of warranty. I bought used, and let me tell you don't buy used.

When the detector came back the second time for the upgrade I found a extra long backpack, 2 piece metal shovel, and a cool fisher hat I wear every day. I wish I had sent all three coils in cause they even opened up the coil. For the longest time I was afraid to use the new programs like Boost and FA modes. I now crank the detector up as high as it will let me which is usually 99 all the way on the sens and have opened up some new ground. While I'm not able to dig like I would like, it is every bit as deep as my Buddy's Etrac. It has definitely quieted down.

I get to hunt with the Fisher guys every so often when one or two visits here in town. But I hunt with so many folks its hard to keep up with names. I got to see one of the detectors being field tested before the upgrade and man oh man I was very surprised.

Now I too dropped my detector, over a cliff. It looks rough but Fisher made it like new as far as performance. When Fisher makes a better detector than the F75 I will buy it. I run two totally different detectors. But some days I just want to know what I have in the hole before I dig and I take the F75.

Make sure your not storing it with the battery's in. Don't leave it in your truck on a hot day. Coils will go out of phase so don't beat them too much on rocks. If a blade of grass is setting your detector off, you may have a bad coil.

I don't know if you guys have been able to hunt a lil faster with the upgrade or not. But I seem to cover more ground now.

You're a loyal customer and it sounds like they treated you very well!!!!

Upgrade is well worth the money. :fisher: