Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FA mode, no joke

osgood

So i hit this stretch of shoreline on the river, we have absolutely hammered it before; using just the FA got an IH, a V nickle, a w-back, a childs ring, 3 old buttons, some clad and part of an old pocket knife. When i first tried FA months ago i thought thats exactly where this mode might be handy. I know it sounds dumb and redundant, but honestly it might be worth revisiting some of my overworked previous sites. CO

Yeah, I have been using it on more and more of late on the trashy spots I hunt and am finding it is growing on me. Don't get great depth in Fa, but one can sure pick through heavy trash with it and snag a few oldies that were previously missed. HH jim tn

I also have been using the FA mode and going back over some of the sites that I and others have pounded. FA mode doesn't have the depth as other modes but man, is it fast and able to pick out the goodies in the trash. The places I hunt are not that old so depth is not a concern anyway but the sites are FULL of trash. Love the FA mode. Glad to have a detector as great as the F75 and so many ways to set it up. Best detector for the money in my book.

Ironic isnt it, not deep but making good finds! Thats whats so interesting about it. These are targets i missed before or deliberately ignored perhaps due to noise fatigue. It seems even with high discrimination in other modes sometimes there is still clicks or noises as artifacts, the FA seems to put them way out of the foreground and or null them. The hits the FA lights up are fewer but im finding more likely to be something interesting. So im using both BP modes and FA. finding the shallow targets also perhaps clears the way for deeper signals for the BP to focus on. I cant decide which mode to use first though. There is a logical argument for either.CO

FA made does me well every time I use it. I like to use it with 2L tones which makes listening for the quick nonferrous hits stand out. Targets sound better when I recheck them in other modes but I have to swing slower, especially around iron. Depth hasn't been disappointing either. I found a few wheats that were an easy 7 inches with .3 FE ground bars. F75 DST is a great machine.

I agree the FA processor was worth the $ for the DST upgrade. It just can't pass up a coin, it is for sure a clad stabbers dream.
I have been using it with the smaller coils and now I am going to try it with the 11" DD coil and see if it will reach some of older coins.

Ron in WV