Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Factory Reset on Explorer II

cz6aBill

I got a 10x12 SEF comein for my Explorer II. I was wondering if i can just plug it in and go? I seen somewhere this guy put a 12 x 15 on his explorer II and said he had to do a factory reset to get the the coil to stable out. He said before he did the reset it was jumping all over the place and was very unstable. If i have to do this how do i go about it. Thanks Bill

My friend Jim just bought the 10X12 SEF for his Ex II and did'nt mention anything about it being unstable. In fact he noted that it was quieter and that target ID seemed to be more accurate and less jumpy on deeper targets. I guess every detector has it's quirks but he did'nt need to reset his. Good luck !!

Just turn it off,, And when you turn it on hold the power button down. Factory preset will appear on the screen as it loads up.

Bill i never had to reset mine. However, to be honest.... everyone should occasionally REBOOT their equipment. Much like a computer things get out of whack and a reset is good practice.

Dew

I started using the 10X12 this week without doing the reset. Read this post and tried the reset to see if it made any difference. No, still behaves the same and I am liking that. HH.

Yours In Liberty,

Jim

Hey Jim. Lets go scare some silver up out of that old school today !! We know it's there..

Thanks guys for your comments. I get my coil on monday cant wait to give it a try. Guess i will see what happens. Thanks again