Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Factory reset

Rob (IL) said:
[size=x-large]NO[/size], do not touch calibration! EVER, NEVER !!!!

A HUGE agreement on this advice. Be super street wise when entering into this event. I only went through the process on the phone once but I was already posed after info like this at the time. Don't even consider checking that box at all. Luckily I've been "good" with the one reset. martin

it will take you longer to get a tech on the phone and do it than if you just bring them back from your library.. just trying to help.

GoVidGo said:
it will take you longer to get a tech on the phone and do it than if you just bring them back from your library.. just trying to help.

Bringing the factory programs back doesn't fix things when the V3i goes totally nuts. That's the first thing I tried. Call and ask for Mary Hudson. She is the one to call. martin

1 .This has gotten so long I think have forgotten the first post. The reset is not the way to go just to rest programs.
2. The reset just sets you back to the computers origial state.
3. Whites never stated it was a fix for problems. An ex - mod stated this. If not for him the master reset would still be a secret.

On the DFX dropping the battery with the detector on was a fix. Whites says this should not work on the V detectors. I won't argue the point I'm just telling what Whites stated. If you feel the master reset is a fix, ask Whites for it. I know people have asked and are walked through the process. It shouldn't help but who knows, done right it can't hurt.