Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

factory reset

Nock

Should we do a factory reset often ?

Well....If you do, you lose ALL of your patterns and modes, and the machine is like it came out of the box....I only do it if my settings get out of control and I need to start fresh. By out of control, I mean too many to set again or change...Then I will factory reset and reload my patterns and modes from my computer with the X-Change.

HH,

I've owned my eTRAC going on 5 years now and only once performed a Master (factory) reset for an intermittent problem which it didn't resolve...another story.

IMO, only do a master reset as a last resort to try an fix a problem. According to the Owners Manual, a Master reset will restore all settings to factory presets, erase all user modes and custom discrimination patterns.
Far as i can tell thats all it does. There's a remote possibility it might fix a problem related to stored user settings.

Remember there is also such a thing as a power-on reset with all modern electronics that utilize uProcessor circuitry.
Upon just turning on the device the power on reset will ;
start crystal oscillators which once in a great while don't start depending on the design, components, etc.,
reset the uProcessor(s) to a start state,
loads software from memory and executes it once the power on reset is completed,
and if applicable reset other chips to a start state.

In the case of the eTRAC, the power on reset will NOT erase any stored user data such as custom discrimination patterns, custom settings, etc.
Thats why just power cycling modern uProcessor electronic devices will usually fix a problem.

My eTrac was giving me fits, so I did two things don't know which fixed the issues.

I did a Factory reset and a gave the coil a scrub with soapy water and a relatively soft bristle bush. There wasn't much dirt on the coil, it's one of the white ultimate 13 coils, what little there was on it showed. The Difference is like night and day, less chatter and falsing the signals are also cleaner. Ymmv but it did the trick for me.