Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Faint signal

brocantes

I was detecting a park close to home that has a man-made beach (freshwater) where I have found a few good coins with my deep-seeking modified beach/jewelry program. This morning I hit a faint signal with VDIs varying widely from pos. to neg. This was a sure digger for me because almost all of these type signals turn out to be older coins. I dug to about 6 inches and still no signal with my Garrett pinpointer. I dug 2 inches deeper and my Propointer picked up the signal. Just a little further! I dug to the 8 1/2 to 9 inch level and there it was, an antique aluminum pulltab, circa 1960's. Needless to say, I was very excited and could barely contain the urge to scream with joy! Oh well, maybe next time.

I was hunting a small park that dates to the late 1800's. I dug a couple of early memorial pennies in the six inch range that were only a few inches apart, a foot away I got a weak high tone "tink" that is almost always deep silver. It turned out to be the old lead fishing weight in the photo at near 10 inches, and the last four to five inches was almost like trying to dig through concrete:wacko:.

[attachment 133728 IMG_0001.jpg]

what is it with fishing sinkers????
The darn things turn up anywhere and everywhere....miles away from any hunk of water you can still pull one out of the ground.