Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FALL HUNT AND REPORT ON THE S.E.F.10 X 12 COIL !!!!:clapping: ALSO OTHER PILLAGE FROM THE EAST COAST TRIP!!:detecting:

GOLDDIGGER

Well it was very hard trip on my back just to start out letting every one know I can only hunt for so long befors my back tells me to STOP!!!!:surrender:
I knew from the start I would have to try and limit the amout of targets I was going to go after if I wanted to hunt most of the days we where going to be out east !
Are trip was planned to arrive 2 days before the Fall hunt and to stay for 3 days after the hunt ! I told myself to ONLY dig GOOD SOLID HITS!!! That of course where DEEP !!! THAT was the plan !!!
OK ! Bob Thanks a bunch for putting togher the hunt and getting that many guys together is just great!
You can't always find the best places to hunt and you have NO control over the weather making the grass grow Too high to be able to swing in !
Those are luck of the draw type things and we knew that before we even turned on are machines!
All together it was a very nice time and I am sure the Spring hunt will be just as much fun if not more !
I could do with a few less pieces of jewelry with the BONE still in them!
Again thanks Bob for all your effort and hard work !
Now for the report on the only coil I used almost the entire trip !
The S.E.F. 10 X 12 coil is hands down one of the best after market coils I have EVER tested ," And I have tested most all of them!"
I have always said that there are not many if any of the other coils out there that could show me a signal that my stock coil could not see !
This coil has me NOW thinking that it may make anough of a difference to Never take it off of my machine again!!!!
Like I said to start I was not going to be digging Iffy hits on this trip to keep the getting up and down to the least that I could get away with!
The coil hits SOLID on Indians at 8+ inches ! It hit Solid on a 1859 Fat Indian at 9+ !!!
Ever one of the Large Coppers I dug where SCEEEEEEMERS you could "NOT" loose the signal if you swang the coil as fast as you could swing it!
I had Guv ,Ted, Tom,And Mike all check most of the Great signals I had gotten!
They could here the signal but at different levels Some said it was weeker some said they would have not dug the signals !!!!
That was when we took time out to check to see if Ted had his machine on or not !!!
Any way The coil !
Is it Better and Deeper than the Stock coil????
I say YES !!!
Is it stable is most conditions????
I would say YES very stable even in this Clay RED Iron laden mess I hunt in down here LOTS better than my stock coil for sure !
I am going to go out on a limb here and Jump up and down THIS COIL IS A KEEPER !!!
Any time I can hunt with a group of guys that all know how to hunt and are doing MORE hunting than me because I am having to take breaks for my backpain !!
And I can find This much more stuff than what they are finding there has to be a Reason !!!
And it ain't just LUCK !
Not when one of the other hunters with yoo is Big Mike !!
Well here is some of my stuff for now I will take some closer shots of the Better stuff that needs more cleaning !
Pillage was as follows !
COPPERS
1. MASSACHUSETTS 1787

2.UNKNOWN COLONIAL SMOOTH Mike called it a poker chip !

3.1801 DRAPED BUST

4. 1806 DRAPED BUST

5. 1823 MATRON HEAD

6. 183? PRESIDENT JACKSON HARD TIMES TOKEN "JACK IN THE BOX" WITH SWORD

7.1831 MATRON HEAD

8. 1831 MATRON HEAD

9. 1845 YOUNG HEAD

10. 1847 YOUNG HEAD

SILVER
1887-S SEATED DIME

1899 BARBER DIME

4- MERCS

INDIAN'S

1. 1859 FATTY

1. 1908-S FIRST EVER FOR ME !!!!

1. 1872 FULL LIBERTY YAHOOOOOO !!!!

28 OTHER INDIANS 1865 WAS THE OTHER OLDER ONE !

35 WHEATS 1. NICE SILVER PIN

I think the only reason I didn't get as many silvers as Mike was because I stopped digging shallower Silver hits because of all of the shallow clad and 44 wheats that where in the area!
Any way I can find Modern Silver any where I want !!
That was not what I was on the trip looking for !
GREAT TRIP -----GREAT PEOPLE TO HUNT WITH ------------GREAT WEATHER ------------GREAT LUCK =====================================

EVERTHING A PERSON COULD ASK FOR OUT OF LIFE
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J.W.

Nice mess'O'coins :thumbup:

LOL>>..:lol: Dont know if you remember talking to me on the corn field. You took the time to explain what I had found. But thanks for helping me out. Great finds man.. I was hoping to talk to you after the hunt but you guys had left already. Would have loved to hunt on Sunday. Hopefully in the spring..But those are some great finds..WOW... I was thinking about the SEF or Pro coil 10 x 12. Mottockman likes the pro..you like the SEF...decisions decisions..Got to pick some brains here before I make up my mind. Problem is I tend to research things to death and never pull the trigger on the purchase!!. Great finds and thanks for the review.HH...Chris

Good job man! I love those big coppers. . .I gotta find me some of those somewhere. . .

I hope your back's better man.

Mark

n/t

Thanks for the post, golddigger!

What settings do you normally use? Cond.? Ferrous? etc.

(Reading something on the e-trac forum had me wondering a bit about trying conductive some more on the SE.)

Wish I could have made it out Monday day.

What a great couple of hunts! When you say Stock Coil, are you referring to the 10.5" Coil, Slim-Line Coil, or the New Pro Coil? Looks like I might have to purchase one of these S.E.F. Coils that you used and do some testing with the Pro Coil and see if there is that much difference. Congratulations on a great hunt! Hope your back is feeling much better from all them great finds. Good Luck and HH to you on your next hunts.:thumbup: