Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fall Relic Hunt with T2

Cellar Hole Rat here, finally got time to post my hunt with the new T2. would post sooner but been busy out relic hunting with Colonial Era Hunter. We hit a tavern site along the Deleware river thats been hammered to death. Great site but with lots of iron. We got to the site and I set up the T2. My settings were: sens at 65, Disc at 25, and 3 tone audio. With these settings the T2 did great in the iron. We've hit this site many times in the spring for a number of years with not many finds. I can't believe the T2 got these finds at this tavern site. Below are photos of the tavern site and the finds from it.
[attachment 107819 PA090039.JPG]
Heres a picture of the tavern with the big center hearth chimney.
[attachment 107820 PA050037.JPG]
Heres my hunting buddy Rich starting to hunt at the site. He's using an explorer SE.
[attachment 107821 PA090043.JPG]
Here I am with the T2 hunting near the tavern.
[attachment 107822 PA160051.JPG]
Heres a picture of a gold gilted colored swinging keyhole cover. This was my first target 7" deep near the tavern in the iron. Could not believe we missed this target over the years. The T2 did excellent seperating that target from the iron. The pewter spoon in the picture was Rich's find near the tavern 8" down great find.
[attachment 107823 PA160050.JPG]
Heres a picture of more finds that we found at the tavern site. The 3 flat buttons were found down a slope from were the tavern was. They were all good solid hits with the T2 and were found between 3 and 6 inches deep. The 2 brass harness buckles Rich found in an orchard area behind the tavern. The sleigh bell I found was on the cart road in front of the tavern 10" deep, could not believe it.
[attachment 107824 PA160062.JPG]
My last target of the day was an unbelieveable find. Found at the taverns cellar steps was this small copper coin 11 inches down. We think it's a young King George II copper. The only bad thing as you can see in the photo is I hit it with the shovel because it was so deep. Again how these targets were missed I don't know, but the T2 and explorer SE did great. Like we said in the begining this site has been hammered by other detectorists too.
It was a great afternoon hunt. Enjoy the photos.

IT WAS A GREAT HUNT THOMPY GOOD TEST FOR MY NEW T2 .WE HIT A FEW MORE OLD CELLARS OVER THE WEEKEND WILL HAVE ANOTHER POST SOON.GOOD HUNTING.

alot like the ones we find in New England...........
take a peek at the Fisher forum for the "Mill Ruins" post.
HH,
Bill