Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

falses vs. good deep signals

sekypaleo

Coming from 4 years of using a Teknetics G2 (which i still have and love)...I have trained my ears for listening for the slightest whispers as being the good DEEEP signals....first time out using the Deus I am hearing the same but they are falses...any tips, for quickly learning the difference?

I had some deep hits turn out to be very small and thin pieces of foil that my pinpointer wouldn't pick up.

Yep. Ive been wanting to try one for a long time. The bandwagon became too strong for me to resist any further. So far I really like how compact it is. Went on a woods hunt with it and appreciated the wireless freedom and easy transport. So far I haven't gotten any OMG performance out of it, but just the fact it fits so nicely in the back of my Volkswagen is enough to keep me content with it for now.

Not sure any detector can give the OMG as the higher end ones are all pretty close in depth. The separation this has is pretty impressive. Though when you use it you lose some depth. This detector just has the ability to mimic many detectors and can be used in just about any ground. You want max depth. Set it up. You want max recovery set it up. Want a balance of the 2 your call. So many ways to set the machine up its endless. Better yet it is simple to use and you get free updates.

sekypaleo said:
Coming from 4 years of using a Teknetics G2 (which i still have and love)...I have trained my ears for listening for the slightest whispers as being the good DEEEP signals....first time out using the Deus I am hearing the same but they are falses...any tips, for quickly learning the difference?

Try a lower frequency if you are getting a lot of faint, "nice-sounding" targets. If the target is indeed a deep coin, it will still be there. If you are in 12 or 18 kHz and keep hitting small bits of aluminum, try 4 or 8 kHz which won't be so sensitive. I find many small items like pencil eraser holders, .22 cal bullets, and small junker jewelry while in 4 kHz and it hits them pretty hard. What are you hunting...coins, relics, jewelry, etc.?

Cool man! I have only had the opportunity to have mine out once at a local hard hit park. I have been detecting for so long and used so many detectors, I kinda poo pooed the "it will take awhile to understand the audio"...they weren't kidding. Totally cool it can fit in a backpack for long hike in to relic spots. Pass along any tips you come across as you learn yours. It would have been interesting to have had a Deus at that one site this spring where the electric fence was about shutting us down, to see if switching frequencies could have eased the EMI there.

I think raising the discrimination setting to 10 will help with smaller iron targets falling, but not larger pieces of iron. Have you tried that to see if you think that would work?

It is cool that it's so light and small that it will fit into a small back pack to go anywhere (while riding a bicycle, motorcycle, hiking walking, etc.)!

sekypaleo said:
Cool man! I have only had the opportunity to have mine out once at a local hard hit park. I have been detecting for so long and used so many detectors, I kinda poo pooed the "it will take awhile to understand the audio"...they weren't kidding. Totally cool it can fit in a backpack for long hike in to relic spots. Pass along any tips you come across as you learn yours. It would have been interesting to have had a Deus at that one site this spring where the electric fence was about shutting us down, to see if switching frequencies could have eased the EMI there.

If by Electric fence,you mean something similar to the electric cattle fence I encountered a couple of weeks ago, then you will also go nuts with the Deus. I went to the car and got the Etrac out and it was no better. Those fences are torture.