Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Falsing or not

seeker195456

With my AT Pro I do get the falsing by shacking my machine back and forth. However, if I turn the sensitivity down it goes away. But the falsing is proportional to the sensitivity setting. Little sensitivity equals little falsing and so on. I also see if the machine is in pro mode it seems to be a little more sensitive too.

I even took the cable lose with no wrapping around the shaft and shook the cable and get no falsing that way. I did reset the coil connector, and it makes no difference with the shacking of the machine.

I had my machine out yesterday for about three hours and could run with the sensitivity all the way up. I even added a couple notches to the ground balance. If I hit the coil on the ground the machine stayed quit. However, I would get some falsing every now and again.

This reminded me of my old DFX when it was pushed some with its sensitivity. By what I have seen with my old DFX and on youtube videos other machines running hot will false to some degree also. However, I do not know why it does it when it is just rotated back and forth. If I rotate mine slow at high sensitivity setting, it does not false, or if only the first 2 or 3 segments are on in the sensitivity.

The way my AT Pro is now it will see an 8 inch diameter 10 pound steel plate at a distance of 30 inches in the air with the sensitivity set just one notch below full. This is in pro mode and zero discrimination. It also hits hard on dimes that are around 5 to 6 inches down. I have also found a small rivet like on Levi jeans that was 3 inches down.

I wonder what you all think of this that has had your machines worked on for falsing or the people who have no trouble at all to start out with.

Take your machine to the area that you would normally hunt ......Ground Balance it ......If you can run your machine and sweep back and forth and go over rough surfaces without it falsing a good part of the time , then you have no problem with your machine ......However , if you change direction with the coil and it falses, and you slightly bump something and it falses, or you go over a rough area like a cut down corn field or ? , and it falses , or you move too fast the wrong way and it falses , then you have a problem .....You can take MANY different problems with ANY machine and turn down the sensitivity and the problems will go away .....Are you going to hunt with your sensitivty all the way down ? .....I don't think so ....
There are times when you don't want to run your sensitivity al lthe way up , but you should be able to run pretty smoothly dropping down a couple of notches ........You shouldn't have to drop the sensitivity down almost all the way to run the machine ..... The machines that are being shipped right now , can run the sensitivity all the way up , and NOT FALSE .....
Whatever Garrett has done to them has worked ....and I can assure you that the machine has NOT had the sensitivity lowered !!.... This machine hits HARD and DEEP !!..... and WITHOUT THE FALSING !!!....... Jim

I have one on order and my dealer called me today saying he had to send all of his stock back to garrett and they are going to send him new machines. He said there is a bad connection inside the control box at the coil connection. it is not the coil. he also stated garrett has fixed the problem and all new shipments are good. he is a big dealer and went through 30 units trying to find me one that wouldnt false because i was worried about getting one that did.

Yep, the connection at the control box was what I was told...Hope to get mine back soon.

cowtownkid

Thanks to you all that replied. I guess I need to send my AT Pro in for repairs.

synthnut,
I for one had waited to buy a AT Pro when I was reading all the posts about the falsing problems.,,,,hoping the problem was just a few of them.Even read Nasa Toms view on it and was suprised his only real issue was the falsing.
When I read of more and more had the same issue I almost bought another brand but decided to wait a little longer. I did get mine in the last part of January and it is fine, no falsing. I even took it out and on purpose was bumping the coil on the ground, against my feet, just to see if I had a issue. Looks like they fixed whatever the issue was and the new ones are working great.

I know you had got blasted on many forums and even got bumped off of one for telling it like it is.
THANKS for sticking to "your guns" and letting people know of your detector problem.:yo::yo:
And am glad you sent your in to get fixed.

Too bad there aren't more people like you, I commend you !!!!!!!!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: