Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Falsing problems OR software updates?

knightsquad

Hey guys, Thinking of getting an AT Pro but have read numerous reports of falsing problems
and software updates..
Are these older problems from a year or so ago and are machines bought now free from
these issues?

Just curious because I really couldn't find any dates these problems were occuring..

Thanks guys!

Pete

Oh, sorry, but is it water proof straight out of the box or do you need to do anything special to it?
Thanks again

Had mine for a couple months now with no problems. It is water proof to 10 feet right out of the box. They did have some issues when they first came out but that has all been resolved. Love mine, great addition to my arsenal. Joe.

Great! I am running up to Kellyco tomorrow morning to get mine! I can't wait.

Oh one more question, how is it on the beach. Saltwater beach that is.
I do plan on doing some beach hunting and my Tesoro Vaquero stinks on the beach..

Pete

Not sure, don't use mine on the beach. Got two Excals for that. They do work from what I understand. You have to ground balance in the water and adjust your sensitivity to keep it running quiet and smooth. I personally think the AT is at it's best in real trashy spots, heavy iron sites, even better with the 5x8. The thing is just impressive. Watch the videos on Garretts site and Youtube if you haven't already. Good luck, Joe.

Oh yeh1 I think I've watched them all! Can't get enough! haha
Thanks for reminding me about that coil, will probably pick one of
those up too (maybe)! Not sure if I'd like to get that one, a big one for the beach
or a sniper 5" What would you do?

Pete

The AT Pro is Not water proof to 10 feet right out of the Box,, Unless you got the Blue water proof head phones ....Then it is.
The stock head phones are Not water proof,, only the connector is....
The 5" X 8" is my favorite coil, next, would be the little 4.5" super sniper coil and then the 8.5" X 11" stock coil,,the places that I hunt,,
I need smaller than stock coil size....
I like the AT's,, 2 AT Pro's and 1 AT Gold,,,,I have 2 $1,300.00 units and 2 other units,,, But the AT Pro is my first unit that I grab.....
One find with my AT Pro and 4.5" super sniper coil,,,paid for the whole rig....
BJ

Back in the day of first generations AT Pros, there certainly was a problem with the coils. Many people said the symptoms were "normal". Many people did not send in their defective coil. Many people bought used AT Pros with those first generation coils. The problem has been resolved. Now it appears there is much talk about AT Pro and salt water beaches. I'm not hearing much negative remarks on this. In my opinion, expectations will not be met at wet salt beaches or salt water. "It is normal" seems to be the catch phrase. What a shame to have such a fine machine as the AT Pro represented in such a way to say it performs well in wet salt sand or salt water when it was never designed by the engineers to do so. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Well!
Just got back from Kellyco with a brand new friend! Yeh!
Looks sweet too!
I will be going to the beach this week with it for sure and will let you know how she
behaves near the water..
I would have also purchased the 5X8 but they too are back ordered at Kellyco. Almost
picked up the Sniper coil but I'll get the 5X8 first. Also had to keep the bill down as I
also just picked up a Vaquero only three weeks ago! LOL
Oh Jeese! My hobbies... haha

Pete

knightsquad said:
Great! I am running up to Kellyco tomorrow morning to get mine! I can't wait.

Oh one more question, how is it on the beach. Saltwater beach that is.
I do plan on doing some beach hunting and my Tesoro Vaquero stinks on the beach..

Pete

RE-READ PAGE41 AND PAGE 42 OF OWNERS MANUAL. If you don't have one, go to http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_division_promotions_us.aspx . "Click on Metal Detectors", "AT Pro". Click on "Manual" and download it. It is in large print and easy reading. "Learn and Explore" is a great place for information to have a better understanding of the AT Pro.
"....the AT Pro is not specifically designed for saltwater use.." (pg 41) The AT Pro is great on dry sand, good luck in the salt water, where it "...can be used". "can be used' is subject to interpretation. With that being said, don't have high expectations in the salt water.

I've been blessed to not have any problems except with the operator and I'm still learning the pro.

It works fine in the wet sand and in the ocean where I live.
I have no problems with it.

Here is Garrett's video section on the AT-Pro.
Watch the videos, they are very helpful.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_videos.aspx

Here is the Garrrett video on how to make it work on the beach.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgnacYzkWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

UN Believable!!! LOL

Well I went down to river today not only to check the ATP ability to GB in the salt
but to try my hand at some water hunting too!
I couldn't believe how easy the machine ground balanced without even a peep AND
I also found a watch to boot! I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought it was gold but still
its a $300 watch, I looked it up...
There is water inside of it and it is fading a tad but man O' man it was GREAT!
The river is fed from the ocean through the various inlets up and down the coast
and is not brackish at all so I was pretty happy about its operation!
I will see how she does on the beach tomorrow. Might be a different story but I hope not!

I wonder if it's worth anything as is... Prob not but still I was stoked..
Oh it's a Witnauer Model 12A02

Pete

Remember when hunting on the beach, when u get close to the water, swing your coil parallel to the water.