Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Falsing - Question for Digger

dgc

With the CTX 3030, for targets such as bent nails, have you noticed any reduction in falsing or improved ability to identify a falsing target?

Thanks for all of the prevous info you have passed along.

I once upgraded to a newer Explorer model and found that it had far worse ID on deep iron than my previous model. The Iron Falsing issue is one of the real top questions I would like to hear answered. Unfortunately it is one of those issues that you almost have to evaluate yourself. That is unless everyone posting is stating the same thing.
BF

Big Fang Coin Biter said:
I once upgraded to a newer Explorer model and found that it had far worse ID on deep iron than my previous model. The Iron Falsing issue is one of the real top questions I would like to hear answered. Unfortunately it is one of those issues that you almost have to evaluate yourself. That is unless everyone posting is stating the same thing.
BF

I know what you mean. When I "upgraded" to the SE from the original Explorer, I found that my iron trash finds quadrupled :ranting: But after switching to the E-trac they were half as much as my original Explorer :clapping: and the quality of my finds increased too. I sure am hoping the CTX builds upon that trend the the E-trac was so good at.

This is the question that every one wants to know.

And what amount of depth loss do you experience when backing the detector off to eliminate false signals?

Ya know, bent nails have been an interesting "study" to me with the previous FBS detectors. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, or if it is just me. But 95% of the time when I find a bent nail in the hole (where I suspect a coin is hiding) the nail has been recovered from what I call the 7:30 position. In other words, the nail is in the lower left hand quadrant of the hole. Never under the center of the coil. I've come to believe that sweeping across in that one direction, the nail gives me enough good information to believe it might be a coin. What I've found using the CTX 3030 is that the additional information provided by seeing "multiple targets under the coil", and running with Ferrous - Coin separation, the nail is clearly placed in the ferrous range of the Smartscreen. And, if you are running with a level of discrimination that rejects the range where the nail represents, the nail will not provide a positive audio response. The best part is, if there is a nail and a coin in the "same hole" both targets appear on the Smartscreen, and the coin will provide the proper audio response. There have been a very few isolated incidents where the nail was very large and was laying parallel to the direction of the sweep, with both targets very close together and the same depth, the audio response of the coin was partially blanked out. But even in those situations, both targets appear on the screen, notifying me to keep looking as there was something down there worth digging. HH Randy

Yes it does I cannot wait for it to get here!!!!!!!