Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fast Program cranked up too much?

cometguy

I am new to the Deus and hunting in the provided programs. I don't have any trouble digging coins out in open areas but when I field hunt old house sites I get confused. Is it possible the fast program is too powerful when faced with all of the surface metal and debris of an old house site? I think I have trained myself to listen for softer signals to find the good stuff with other machines. It seems like the Deus blasts loudly on targets seven or eight inches deep. I also wondered where people are running the headphone volume? Sometimes it seems like I have a big halo of noise on these sites with no distinct signal. I think the detector would still work through this and give you a good signal if you were tuned in enough to catch it. I know this rambles a little but I am pretty excited about the Deus and really think it will be great once I figure it out. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Don
HH

Deus fast is not too powerful at all, in time you will probably find out for yourself and you will even crank it up. I don

Everything DD said.

As far as the volume goes: I keep mine at an ear-friendly "4" at most of my sites unless they happen to be particularly noisy. Too many detectorists out there with hearing problems.

Old houses are just hard to hunt period. So much iron in the ground is tough. A basic 1 modified program works best foe me in those areas. Just have to slow down.

look for old houses I posted a program.
I highly recommend it.
volume to 4
and let yourself be guided by your ears