Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Faster VX3

daddyflea

Ok Guys I got my VX3 and I want it faster with more Separation in Trashy House Sites. I turned my SAT up Higher and turned my Recovery Delay lower from Factory Settings. Turned my Sensitivity up slightly and I put on a 6X10 DD Eclipse Coil on it instead on the 9.5 Concentric. I will need to get 8" depth. Am I on the right path here?

Yes, but I would actually turn the sensitivity down a couple notches for trashy sites. In the trash you're not really after depth but separation. Turning down the sensitivity is a lot like putting on a small col, which is what you want. As a bonus, it will be smoother and easier to handle.

Wayfarer said:
Yes, but I would actually turn the sensitivity down a couple notches for trashy sites. In the trash you're not really after depth but separation. Turning down the sensitivity is a lot like putting on a small col, which is what you want. As a bonus, it will be smoother and easier to handle.

Thanks that was what I was looking for. Since I changed from the Concentric to the DD I figured it was seeing less ground. I am sure I will have to adjust that on site.

You might want to try some of Fox's Programs... Made me fall in love with my VX3 (even with the stock coil) Anytime you can get a quarter at 12", it will make you smile:clap: Here is a link: Fox's VX3 Programs

Good advice for trashier areas, the slower you go the more your detector will separate and tell you what it see's

MackDog said:
Good advice for trashier areas, the slower you go the more your detector will separate and tell you what it see's

"the slower you go the more your detector will separate"

There is "too slow" though, especially with depth. Faster is necessary at times.

5900_XL-1 said:
MackDog said:

"the slower you go the more your detector will separate"

There is "too slow" though, especially with depth. Faster is necessary at times.

I agree with the above. My Recovery Delay is set as fast as I can get it.

Trashfinder said:
The lower the recovery delay at a point depth drops off, so be careful.

I just checked and my RD is set on around 40 is that too low. I know that any lower and it starts to affect the signal.

Use a deeper buried coin in your test garden and play and adjust it till you see it drop off. Your setting for 5,10 high and band pass make a difference as well, i believe 5 band is deepest. But requires slower sweep speed.