Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fat gold and diamonds

Greetings everyone, I've been meaning to post some of my finds for a while now. This has been my first year of detecting and I've made some cool recoveries. 63 rings in all, 9 of them gold. Found this huge nugget ring on Halloween, around midnight. BEATS TRICK OR TREATING ANY DAY IF YOU ASK ME! Honking gold and 9 very appreciably sized diamonds. 14k. I only use PI detectors and I almost exclusively hunt the beach. Thought this one was gonna be another bottle cap. I even told myself 99% chance it was gonna be another bottle cap. But you can't skip the big high tones with a PI and this is why. It was about 3 inches down, any detector would have found it! I was using my TDI pro. GL and HH in 2015

whoooooo weeeeee one heck of a memory there for your first year. There is always a few finds during the year that keeps us out there. Congrats.

Dew

Beauty! :drool: Congratulations on your first year totals! That was some outstanding work there Buddy...9 gold for your first year is an exceptional feat that should propel you into 2015 with some real fury..I bet you can add a lot of thoughts/experiences about starting out in this sport with a PI rig that some readers may appreciate...you must have a pretty strong scoop arm after a year like this!:clapping:
Mud

tvr said:
That is one nice happy dance ring!

You got that right! I knew it was gonna be a sweet dig when I saw the glistening in the sand. It was at night and I was hunting with a head light, so the first thing I saw was the diamonds. I took it in to an independent jeweler to make sure they weren't moissanite and they aren't. The lady that looked at it told me it was a nice find. Considering that came from someone who's business is jewelry...

mudpuppy said:
Beauty! :drool: Congratulations on your first year totals! That was some outstanding work there Buddy...9 gold for your first year is an exceptional feat that should propel you into 2015 with some real fury..I bet you can add a lot of thoughts/experiences about starting out in this sport with a PI rig that some readers may appreciate...you must have a pretty strong scoop arm after a year like this!:clapping:
Mud

Thanks for the kind words. This particular nugget ring ended a 6 week dry spell for me. It was a big reminder that the best piece of advice in metal detecting is to go as often as possible, PI or VLF. This ring was shallow, our beaches are hunted often and had I not got it at the midnight low tide, someone in the morning would have found it. The early bird gets the worm!