Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Favorite coils on Makro gold racer

Grumpie

Just curious, what are your favorite coils?
I have a std pack on the way what other coil should I get for prospecting?

I really like the little round one. I was not all that impressed by the concentric.

is the round 5½" DD which I use the most, but in less brushy and rocky areas, I rely on the 5½X10 DD coil.

Monte

There is no concentric coil for the Racer. The OOR, 5.5", 5.5"X10". and Standard 7"X11" are all favorites of mine depending on what and where I'm hunting.

amberjack - I totally missed the "Gold" racer in the OP's question. Thanks

only reason I know is I have one and to me its more sensitive than the DD coil is in mild ground, its a honest mistake not many people talk about the GR anyway :biggrin:

no harm no foul :bouncy:

AJ

both the 4X7½ DD and the 5½X10 Concentric for my Gold Racer.

I currently only have the 5½" round and 5½X10 elliptical DD coils, but I am enjoying the performance of the 5½X10 Concentric coil on my FORS Relic and figure the Concentric on the Gold Racer could work for me as well based upon terrain, targets I'm after, and just as a way to continue enjoying a very versatile LF detector. :detecting:

Monte

Grumpie, both 10x5.5 " coils are excellent. The 7.5 x 4 " is also good. I can find as small gold as you can with the little round coil with the 10x5.5" . Unless your working in a tin can pile or a rocky area that needs a little coil to get into, then I would stick with the 10x 5.5. You can cover more ground. More ground more gold. Good luck