Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Favorite detector

jackintexas

Have you ever felt like you had the perfect detector (or detectors) for you. You have no desire to have any other detector.......Jack

Yes. I've tried a bunch, and I mean a bunch, and now all I own is the Deus.

Right now mine is my 705 may change after I get a bit of time in with the CTX.

Interesting question,as no one detector/coil combination can do it all for my detecting sites,i would say the DFX is my oldest and most productive detector as it is a nice detector to swing and also produced me the best finds and most gold,so that is a good barometer i guess that would make me choose it as my favourite detector.

I tend to carry a selection of detectors all ready set up for the site/s that i am going on that day,if its a roman site with lots of hob nails on from hob nail boots then a T2 with 5'' coil would be the weapon of choice,so that then would become my favourite detector for the day.If i was to choose one all round machine that i pick up and use most days,this is basically due to weight or lack of weight then that crown would go to the Deus and is currently uses on a carbon fibre rod that is light as a feather,but although is a very productive machine and ticks all my boxes its still not my all time favourite,that as yet is still the DFX as i find its a flexible all round machine and once mastered i use it as a switch on a go machine with the Hotshot coil and SEF8x6 coils.

We all have our favourite for different reasons,some like the fact that some detectors are easy to use,light and good at the 'specific' sites that they detect on,over the longer term its the quantity of decent finds and once again the DFX still being flexible can produce nice finds on roman,saxon and celtic sites.

So if i had to single just one all round favourite machine then i would vote the DFX,its getting on as it vwas one of the 1st batch of ten into the UK but still going strong and it just shows how good the build quality of Whites machines are.

I own many machines and the one I usually grab most is the DEUS. It's AWESOME!!!
Just a unit that really PERFORMS in Iron infested ground and is no slouch in the parks,
residential home sites or where ever else your hunting. Never used it in the water though!
Another unit I am really liking is the AT Pro w the 5x8 coil as it has landed me my oldest
Indian head which was an 1865 with full detail,nice green patina and no corrosion. So it's
time to get rid of the closet detectors sitting around...
silverseeker 2

Favorite detector? I'm reserving that status for the next multi frequency machine from Fisher.

In the meantime I'll be swinging the CTX.

DEUS.
Why?
Prospecting
Great relics
Coins
Beach
waterproof
deep
recovery speed

Only wish it were multi frequency at once.

Almost, until I can't get the coils in the sizes and designs I want for it and then I'm back to the drawing board.

HH
Mike

I am only on my third one......

ACE350
XP Deus
Nokta Fors CoRe

Nokta is my current and it is too early to state so far. But then again, a lot of you have had dozens so I really can't comment to be quite honest.

Settled on three that generally take care of all my needs and happy with.

Beep and Dig DeepTech Vista Gold 6x8, 7x11 coils

Target ID machine Fisher GB Pro 5" and 5x10" coils

PI, my own Mirage land and water versions
============================================
Just added a VLF water machine Whites Beach Hunter ID that's getting a make-over.

I have been digging since the late 70's... Etrac and Fisher F75SE... What a combo.... Yes a FBS F75 SE would be the one!!!

I also wait for the next multi frequency water machine from Fisher, price is probably going to bust my butt though.

not sure I have a favourite and sense I don't have to choose :biggrin:

but if I could make my own it would be a multi in a Tesoro µMax housing with screen I could turn on and off depending what I am using it for or attach as needed and could run a single freq of my choosing when I wanted that sure I have some more features I would like but that will do for now.

AJ

Yep, that was the Fisher C$ for me. I owned three of them and just sold my last one. I'm going through C$ withdrawls now.

mike

I'm starting to feel that way with my Blisstool V6 using the new smaller 6"X9" coil, Has both depth in regular mode and lighting fast recovery speed in ore mode. Can't seem to keep it parked it's been my grab and go detector lately, Also like using a good Pi for relic hunting that be the GPX 5000.

Then again, Like all of them even the most simplest gutless vintage models :)

Paul (Ca)

Bringing it back from the dead here. I always like reading these threads. So many different answers. I have gone full circle and spent a lot of money trying to find that one machine. Well I just bought my second ctx.. for the hunting I do the minelabs fit me. They just click with me.

I own or have owned a lot of machines. Atpro, deus (hated it) f75, etracs, ctx, whites, most anytime I go out I wish I had the ctx.. the target ID accuracy is amazing at depth when compared to the other machines, and for me that is huge. If I go to detect for a all day trip I simply can not dig every target. I find it is by far one of the best cherry picking Machines out there. Again for me. Everyone will have a different machine. So try different machines and find the one you like.

Fisher CZ 70 was deep and had nice smooth tones - was a good all around detector but got rid of it to try something else -- probably the one machine i would pay top dollar for a Mint or NIB --heard it was difficult machine to mfg. had layered circuit boards ----now most of todays detectors are a single circuit board will just simple component modification on companies line of detectors (Xterras, Tek greek series, Tesoro Umax , to name a couple) that will make the differance in price of the machine --- i will add the "worst" i used was a Coinstrike(too fast sweep /bad iron-bottlecap rejection and a QXT Quantum (awful tones )

I really liked a Minelab Xterra 70 that I owned a few years ago. I later bought a 705 but it just didn't seem to be better. Now I have a T2 SE and really enjoy it for the short time I have owed it.