Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Favorite Patriot Coil?

RavRad

Howdy All!

Have a Patriot getting delivered on Thursday, along with a CORS Fortune. I previously ran an F75 LTD2 for a season and did great with it, was a gold ring vacuum at the parks and loved Indian Heads. Solid it to start a 3D Printing business, and now hoping to scratch that Fisher itch with the Patriot while I wait and see whether to go with a Minelab Equinox in the future, a Makro Kruzer, or pick up an F75/T2.

With all that said, what are your favorite Patriot coils and why? Thinking of picking up maybe a Shrew, and one or two other coils one being something large.

Thanks!

Chris

I like the nels snake. You can run it hotter in EMI areas and is great close to structures.

NEL Sharpshooter gets my vote.

For my F70...

I have a 5" round DD Fisher coil...
A 10" elliptical concentric
An 11" Fisher DD

Since moving to the mineralized SE. I have purchased these...
A Nel Sharpshooter
And I have just started hunting with a Cors Cannon coil which is a Thunder coil in the Nel line.

In great soil out in Kansas and Missouri the Fisher 11" DD was my deep seeker, easily could get to the 10-12" level and more on a few.
The 5" DD was my most used coil because I mostly hunted in heavy trash in garbage filled parks around picnic areas, basketball and volleyball courts and such. Surprisingly the depth was shocking and was very close to the 12" DD.
The 10" concentric was the only one I had at first and as an all around coil it was spectacular with very good depth in that good dirt, (up to 10" or so), and sensitive to most kinds of targets

Here in Alabama with mineralization plus insane amounts of extra iron depth is curtailed using all coils compared to out west.
Most will reach about 8" under the best conditions, maybe 9" in rare cases, in some sites I can't get much past 6" but there are still lots of great targets here at the 4-6" levels because depth is a problem for most detectors here and masking causes big problems for all of us.

My 5" DD has been my most productive coil here because I used it the most due to the heavy iron infestation I have to deal with.
It has gotten me up to that 7-8" level, maybe 9" on one target, if I have the right settings.
The 11" DD works pretty well here, covers a good amount of area per swing and gets decent depth but in very trash or iron infested sites can be a bit harder to deal with and pick out the masked better targets.

The 10" concentric I use here sparingly but when I am on the hunt for jewelry it is one of my first choices because it just loves to find silver and gold.
This is a mostly overlooked coil, it was standard on the F70 for many years and so many got rid of it quickly in favor of the 11" DD F75 coil because it was a bit deeper and had that larger scanning field but after spending a lot of time with that concentric before ever using any DD coil it is my opinion that this was a mistake because sometimes there is a lot more to some coils to consider than just pure depth.
Especially if you are a jewelry hunter like me.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2296414,2296729

The Sharpshooter coil has pretty much taken the place of my 5" round Fisher sniper.
It is just as sensitive, seems just as deep if not deeper, covers a bit more area because of the shape and size and most important if all is quieter, more stable and less affected by EMI than any of my Fisher factory coils at most sites I have used them.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2364649,2364649

The Cannon coil is large, heavier than the 11" DD but I got used to the weight quickly, also seems quieter than my Fisher coils and I hope it might be the deepest coil out if all of them but I have not had enough time with it yet to find out.

I never thought I would ever want or need to think outside the Fisher line for coils but the Sharpshooter changed my mind because of the quiet running and I think the Cors coil is on the same track..

Plus one on the NEL Sharpshooter here. I also have the hunter and the stock 11 DD. I haven't had enough time with the hunter to give an honest opinion, but the Sharpshooter is a killer.

rob said:
Hey Sir,

Tried to pm you but gets kicked back.

Rob - 615.578.4583

Hi Rob,

I think it's because my post count is less than a certain number I don't have PM functionality. I used to have another long running account here, but some silly Russian hacked the email it was associated with and I was never able to get it back from Google, and due to taking a detecting break I forgot the password, so had to start over. I'll give ya a ring later today after I head into work to get my furlough letter for the government shutdown today.

Chris

Thanks for the huge detailed response REVIER, I've followed your posts on the F70 here and over at the other forum under yourr Digger account (along with Mud Puppy) for several years. Always had me wanting to pick one up and couldn't resist when I came back to swinging this season and saw the price was $399. Can't wait to swap notes with you, the fun starts today for as long as I can keep my hands from freezing.