Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FBS question? I'm new to this

mikemachinest

I would like to get back into detecting after a long 20 year break. I had a whites way back when 4DB. I saw these FBS machines from mine lab and I wounder if they are any good..I always said I wanted another Whites and whites being in this business a long time makes me wounder if this 28 frequency thing is any good Whites would be making one. I know they make one that does 2 and now 3. Maybe there is something to it. Being out of this a long time there is a lot I don't know. I could use a little advice. Thanks Mike

Whites is a good USA made brand and I have four of there detectors.
They just put out the VISION as there top detector recently.
If your starting a M6 or MXT wold be good starter machine.
Both are turn on and go detectors with little learning curve

utahshovelhead said:
Hey Joel,
How many arms you born with?:biggrin:

:rofl: A detector for ever seasons in the great WHITE north :poke:

Minelab only claims to "transmit" 28 frequencies, they do not claim to "process" or "use" or "receive" or "analyze" 28 frequencies. Truth is, the digital transmit signal contains a lot of spurious frequencies that are useless (same is true for ALL multifrequency detectors), so it's easy to claim you're transmitting gobs of frequencies even though you may only process two of them. White's could just as easily claim the new Vision is a 39-frequency detector. Or any arbitrary number you'd like us to claim. But we'd prefer to stay in the land of reality and tell you straight up what we're really doing. And it is this: Vision is the only metal detector to simultaneously receive, process, and analyze more than 2 frequencies. It is a TRUE 3-frequency detector.

- Carl@Whites

Thanks, I'm so far behind the metal detecting times. I would assume that all detectors are digital. Or are there still an lot of analog units and is that bad??