Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FE 2 or????

Ted S

Who is running FE 2 and why? I had a little mishap today and did a factory reset. I think I was running FE2-2....I have a 600 if that makes any difference Thanks! Ted :please:

Who is running FE 2 and why? I had a little mishap today and did a factory reset. I think I was running FE2-2....I have a 600 if that makes any difference Thanks! Ted :please:

When we got my detector, the update was out, but the new version was not on my detector.
I installed as soon as I put it together, and have been using F2 since.
I started at F2 set at 2 (I believe range is from 0-8 on the 800).
Later I set it to zero, and have not changed it.
The benefit is even lower iron bias than FE.
Less iron masking and deeper too.

I keep mine at 0
Mark

Is there a difference between FE-0 and FE2-0

Never used FE, but I started out using F2 set at 2.
I was searching an old church site that I have been to many times a found some good coins, but like other places, not many good signals there now.
There are lots of old nails here too.
Anyhow I searched for about 3 hours and had only found one wheat penny so I decided to lower the setting to 0 justo see if it helped any... within about 15 minutes I found a V nickel, an IH cent, and two more wheats.
Whether setting it lower helped me make these additional finds or not, I may never know, but I have left it at 0 ever since.
Now keep in mind I was new to this machine too having only used it about twice before this hunt.
I was told by another member
(earthlypotluck), even before I got mine.... it is important to slow down no matter what settings you use... I took his advice and have done very good with the Equinox this year.

Last edited:
I tried F2-0 for a while today...It was so chatty that I went back to F2-2...Only got some clad and a wheat but I wasn't out long...

I was under the impression that the FE update (FE2) was a second higher level of Iron Bias, that increased the bias even MORE than the original FE settings....? So... The highest FE2 bias setting was double the highest standard FE setting. Has Minelab ever made it perfectly clear the two FE setting differences to their CASH paying customers who are spending serious money for their product..? Or are we supposed to guess.?

F2 actually is more aggressive than FE at the higher settings.
It was created to better deal with the old steel bottle caps that were reading as good targets at saltwater beaches from my understanding.
However, when you adjust it down, it gives less iron bias than FE..
It is recommended to start at a higher setting when using F2 until you feel comfortable and then set it down.

I tried F2-0 for a while today...It was so chatty that I went back to F2-2...Only got some clad and a wheat but I wasn't out long...

it will be more chattery at the lower setting...setting at 2 is a good pace to start until you feel comfortable and then you may want to lower it down later on.
Slowing down will help too.... when I am detecting whether it is trashy ground or not, I actually do not swing the coil, but actually scan the ground with the coil.
When I found all those nickels the other day, I had to go slow so I could pick up each signal and check to see if it was trash or a nickel.
Slow is key to unlocking the performance of this detector... not saying you cannot swing it faster, but to decrease falses and avoid missing deeper targets, you simply need to slow down.

Thanks...I do run pretty slow. I think that is how I get the silver others miss. I got a well worn 1897 barber dime the other day that was within a foot or so of some can slaw. Maybe others missed it from swing too fast? That was silver coin number 20 for the year....My goal is 30 silver coins! Good luck and HH!

Thanks...I do run pretty slow. I think that is how I get the silver others miss. I got a well worn 1897 barber dime the other day that was within a foot or so of some can slaw. Maybe others missed it from swing too fast? That was silver coin number 20 for the year....My goal is 30 silver coins! Good luck and HH!

You must have gotten quite comfortable with that Equinox, if you have found 20 silver coins with it....you’ll be fine.
What I have been amazed at is the number silver coins that I have gotten so good a signal on, I have no idea how they had not found before now.
Have you noticed this?
This Equinox has impressed me from day one!!!

Yes...That standing liberty quarter last Sunday was so loud that I thought it was junk! I am still having problems with some crown caps. But I will dig junk if it means I might get a silver coin. It's a chance we have to take! I may go out later today. I will post any results if they are good!