Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FEEDBACK ABOUT THE SCORP

KevinH

First of all I love it. I am getting to use it more and more, this in turn is allowing me to better understand the detector. At first when I hunted some soccer fields etc I just kept it in Auto Ground Balance and discrepancy at 7. There was a annoying chirping and chatter. I figured out why. I needed to adjust the ground balance due in fact to the heavy mineralization of the soil I was working in. So I had to take it off the auto and manually adjust the ground. At first this seemed almost endless. I turned it a little and turned it some more. Finally I read the book a few times and figured out I was not turning it enough. Duh the book is so right on. I felt if I kept turning the ground balance I would break it. The reason is my stubbornness, I wanted it to be much like the 2500 or the Sea Hunter. Not close. The book once read correctly will tell you what you need to do.

Additionally, as I was hunting a football field it seemed like there was no sound coming from the detector. To check this I turned it off and back on. Just noticed the single one beep when turned on. Thought that was a good to go sound. Again I felt the detector was missing something. Again I opened up the book and read the portion explaining batteries. Three or more tones indicate the batteries are very good, two tones indicate the batteries are adequate. One tone or no tone indicates the batteries should be replaced. Again stupid is what stupid does. Read the book.

Overall I am really pleased with the purchase. It is a slight learning curve due to operating the 2500. A totally different machine. It finds the silver though. I have not yet taken it to the field for gold but it is coming. I also do not want to get out there and be brain dead also. I need to understand the machine even better. I sent a pic of my recent trip to a football field for your viewing pleasure.

The Score for the Scorpion at the football field in only three hours: a new $1 coin, $5 (.25), $1.90 (.10), $.05 (.05), 22 penny's, 1 silver ring, and a game token from a local pizza place.

When there is a silver hit, you know it right away. Not to bad of a day. Of course I did get some trash also

Good going! Ya can't go wrong with the Scorpion! With all the fancy machines out there and also that new one from Garrett (which still has me looking because of the ten foot under water deal) I am happy with the Scorpion cause it can run with any of them. That Scorpion dog sure can hunt!

That Scorpion is a real surprise to a lot of people. When (if they?) finally figure it out, it really starts to produce. Unfortunately, some people expect it to perform right out of the box, and if they don't get instant gratification, they blame the machine. I am glad you like it Kevin. It has found me more rings on land then any other detector that I have ever used. Good luck!

Well done!:clapping:Great clad haul!:thumbup:Congrats on the silver!:beers:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)