Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feedback on black tejon w/new DD coil?

bleeohio

Anyone using the new style black tejon with the newer DD coil? How's it working out? I've had a few tejon over the years but none with the DD coil. Thinking about trading my t2 classic for one but can't find much information about them. Thanks

The black Tejon is the same detector...in black. I've read that the more recent Tejons are as deep but more stable than some older examples. I don't see any difference, and I have an older gray and a new black. If anything, I think my older gray one is a bit "hotter".
The 11x8 is sensitive, lightweight, nicely made, and has good coverage per sweep. Some people love that coil. I don't like it in trashy spots, and being a DD, I think discrimination isn't as good with it, as with Tesoro's concentrics. I think it's a good coil for relatively clean park and open field hunts.
If you're using the Tejon (or any other Tesoro) in trashy spots, I recommend the 5.75" concentric.

Not much to add from what pinenut posted above. I just got a used 11x8 coil for my Tejon (gray one) and I have only had it out one time. Good coil but my thoughts are in line with pinenut, better for open clean area.

My brother and I are thinking we may be able to make a hunt this coming Saturday and I already have the 5.75" concentric on the stick ready to go.

Ron in WV

I have heard those 5.75's are right on the money and can go down a pretty good ways, almost as deep as the 9x8 or the 11x8. Is this true? Thinking about getting one for the Vaq.

It's not as deep as those stock coils, but is the best coil for trashy spots. Get the 5.75 concentric; my favorite coil besides the 8" donut (which is available in a 4 pin as well).

The 11x8 coil may work well on open pasture sites,how ever hard i tried i could not GEL with it on my UK Vaquero but i will admit i bought the Vaq for really trashy sites and finally found the coil that suits by permission the NEL Snake 6.5''x3.5'',absolutely love this coil it gives a perfect balance between slightly better ground coverage,deeper and still gives very good discrimination its not a Concentric coil but i chose the DD option as alot of my trashy roman sites are on Limestone and the DD just seems better on this type of ground.

Had the Trident 11 Extreme about 12 months from new and never used it mainly because of the 11x8 coil,but all it took was a change of coil and even that is a aftermarket one and then the machine becomes a magical performer on my trashy sites.Very pleased with this combination i must admit.

I had the black vaq. with the 11x8 coil, was a little more front heavy than I liked. While it seemed to work well, I ended up using the stock conc.coil most of the time. Looking for something to compliment the deus and always like a good tejon. May just keep the t2 for a bit as I do like it and see if Tesoro brings any new toys to the table..